Data depletion while on WiFi

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads-up for the new Turbo owners...

I've used over 3GB of my data plan during the past 3 1/2 days, at least half of which was while my Turbo has reported that it is connected to WiFi at my house. With my Maxx it would take me at least 20 days to reach this kind of usage! Looking on MyVerizon shows that downloading Dead Trigger 2 around 8:45 tonight was apparently done through my cellular connection even though the phone was connected to WiFi (that also explains why it was so slow). This is unacceptable.

I'm experimenting with having the "Avoid poor connections" option disabled. So far, no additional data usage is showing up, but I'll check again tomorrow. Anyone else seeing this?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Had the same thing happen on my previous phone. The avoid poor connections is the culprit. Avoid that setting at all costs, or it will cost you :)

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with Firedogee. I've had nothing but bad results when that "Avoid poor connections" option was checked on previous phones. Unchecking that option always made the wifi better.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
If the setting in question was checked as default, my 64GB still has it checked (I don't recall changing it) and I've used about .045GB of data since last Friday according to Verizon's site. The bulk of it occurred before I set up the wi-fi connections. I'll keep an eye on that. I've got a five-station WDS on the property with powered antennas. So far, the phone is usually pulling three to four bars in most locations, so doing pretty well. I'll try it 1/4 mile out and see what happens at the fringe. Thanks for the heads-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non