11-06-2014 01:53 PM
31 12
tools
    Looking to read and send texts from my computer at work and have them sync to my phone...any suggestions?
    11-06-2014 10:47 AM
    The Verizon Messages+ app will keep you texts in sync across all devices. You can even send and receive over the web of you don't have a cell signal. This is about the only Verizon software I find useful.
    11-06-2014 10:50 AM
    If you are on the same WiFi network and use chrome browser, you can use moto connect which is already on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-06-2014 10:53 AM
    +1 for moto connect. Awesome feature

Turbo-Shot from my Ballistic Turbo
    11-06-2014 10:54 AM
    +1 for Moto Connect also. I use it everyday at work.
    11-06-2014 10:57 AM
    Moto connect looks pretty good to me as well but does need you phone signal to send a text message and overall seems like it would use more battery.
    11-06-2014 11:07 AM
    It depends on what the IT people at your work allow.

If you have or can install Chrome then Moto Connect or Pushbullet extensions are the way to go.

If you can install apps then the Verizon Messages Plus will work.

If your work computer is locked down then the web version of Verizon Messages is probably the only way to get what you want.
    11-06-2014 11:28 AM
    +1 for VZW Messages+. Advantage over Moto Connect is it will work on any wifi/Internet connection - it doesn't require your phone be connected to the wifi. Open VZW M+ web page tab, pin it and you have browser-based messaging anywhere you have Internet connection. Tab even notifies on new messages. M+ app will also work on wifi-only tablets/devices without your phone present on the network.

Disclaimer: My needs are basic one-to-one sms. Can't speak to whether M+ will meet complex/group sms needs.
    11-06-2014 11:54 AM
    PS. It will also send from your phone over WiFi if you lose cell coverage. Happens to me sometime when traveling.
    Robisan likes this.
    11-06-2014 11:59 AM
    I use Moto connect and it works perfectly for me and i almost never have my phone on wifi, so I'm not sure what all this talk about it needing to be on the same network is all about.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    11-06-2014 12:04 PM
    Try sending a message when your phone has no cell signal. Moto connect needs you phone to have a cell signal where the messages+ app does not.
    11-06-2014 12:06 PM
    Try sending a message when your phone has no cell signal. Moto connect needs you phone to have a cell signal where the messages+ app does not.
    I'm on Verizon. It's gonna be damn near impossible for me to not have a cell signal.

Ry likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:11 PM
    Doesn't work that way for everyone. Point is one app needs cell service and one does not.
    11-06-2014 12:14 PM
    Not trying to put down Moto connect but the messages app has better features for peeps who sometimes are outside of cell service. If you always have cell service they'll both work fine.
    11-06-2014 12:16 PM
    Motorola Connect doesn't need to be on the same network.

With Verizon's Messages+, I don't think sent messages sync back with the phone unless you use Messages+ instead of Motorola's SMS app.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    11-06-2014 12:16 PM
    Nice thing about VZW Messages is that the Android app works with WiFi tables too. I have it on my Note 8.0 and don't have to switch to my phone to answer a text.

Jay Evans
    Ry likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:17 PM
    I use Motorola Connect on all my desktops/laptops. I use Messages+ on my Nexus 7.

11-06-2014 12:19 PM
    Motorola Connect doesn't need to be on the same network.

With Verizon's Messages+, I don't think sent messages sync back with the phone unless you use Messages+ instead of Motorola's SMS app.

I don't think anyone said you have to be on the same network. Messages does sync everything to every device. Phone, tablet, computer etc.
    11-06-2014 12:19 PM
    If you are on the same WiFi network and use chrome browser, you can use moto connect which is already on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    +1 for VZW Messages+. Advantage over Moto Connect is it will work on any wifi/Internet connection - it doesn't require your phone be connected to the wifi.
    I don't think anyone said you have to be on the same network. Messages does sync everything to every device. Phone, tablet, computer etc.
    Yeah, umm...ok
    11-06-2014 12:38 PM
    Yeah, umm...ok
    Good grief. Can't believe this is becoming a pissing contest. Let me sum it all up for you tdizzel. Moto connect needs a cell signal on your phone and messages+ does not. If you never lose cell coverage use whichever one floats your boat. If you do go outside of cell coverage it's something to keep I mind.
    11-06-2014 12:43 PM
    I use Moto Connect and Hangouts.
    11-06-2014 12:48 PM
    Good grief. Can't believe this is becoming a pissing contest. Let me sum it all up for you tdizzel. Moto connect needs a cell signal on your phone and messages+ does not. If you never lose cell coverage use whichever one floats your boat. If you do go outside of cell coverage it's something to keep I mind.
    My apologies. I didn't realize that pointing out how you are blatantly wrong meant entering into a pissing contest, that wasn't my intention. I guess some people don't like anyone showing they can ever be wrong, sorry i ruffled your feathers. I was only trying to provide the correct information that the phone didn't need to be on wifi for connect to work, because, you know, people were saying that it did (apparently you missed that part so i pointed it out-I like to be helpful).
    And thanks for summing that up since i was not confused even in the slightest about it and never posted anything to the contrary.

11-06-2014 12:58 PM
    Stick with the point of comparing what the best app for the user is. Quoting 3 different people to try and make me look bad isn't cool. I didn't write nor memorize everyone else comments. Keeping in tune he apps like I said if Moto works well for some people great. My point is 1) Moto needs to be connected to your phone and needs a cell signal to send and receive test messages.

I personally pick messages due to not needed to be connoted to my phone thinking it may make a difference in battery like. Also, the ability to send and receive even when out of cell range.
    11-06-2014 01:04 PM
    For the record, my assertion that Connect required the phone be on the same network was based solely on the assertion in post 3 of this thread. Sorry if that's wrong.

... adding, SMS is not rocket science. If you find something that works move on and worry about optimizing something more important.
    11-06-2014 01:33 PM
    Stick with the point of comparing what the best app for the user is. Quoting 3 different people to try and make me look bad isn't cool. I didn't write nor memorize everyone else comments. Keeping in tune he apps like I said if Moto works well for some people great. My point is 1) Moto needs to be connected to your phone and needs a cell signal to send and receive test messages.

I personally pick messages due to not needed to be connoted to my phone thinking it may make a difference in battery like. Also, the ability to send and receive even when out of cell range.
    Once again i will apologize. Someone asked for advice and i didn't realize that pointing out misinformation was getting off topic, i simply wanted the OP to have the most accurate information to base his decision on.
    I am also sorry for posting those quotes. Yes, it would be quite difficult to memorize everyone's comments and its unfair to have that expectation. And while i would never make a comment that "i don't think anyone said" something without actually seeing if anyone said it (that seems a little foolish to me) I'm sure you had your reasons for saying it and you were just looking to help out the OP and I'm sorry for bringing it up and if you feel it makes you look bad them you have my apologies for that as well.
    So yes, let's just get back to helping the OP, and make sure he has the most correct information to help him.

11-06-2014 01:39 PM
31 12