Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Best way to text from CPU desktop?

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best way to text from CPU desktop?

The Verizon Messages+ app will keep you texts in sync across all devices. You can even send and receive over the web of you don't have a cell signal. This is about the only Verizon software I find useful.

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

If you are on the same WiFi network and use chrome browser, you can use moto connect which is already on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Moto connect looks pretty good to me as well but does need you phone signal to send a text message and overall seems like it would use more battery.

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It depends on what the IT people at your work allow.

If you have or can install Chrome then Moto Connect or Pushbullet extensions are the way to go.

If you can install apps then the Verizon Messages Plus will work.

If your work computer is locked down then the web version of Verizon Messages is probably the only way to get what you want.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

+1 for VZW Messages+. Advantage over Moto Connect is it will work on any wifi/Internet connection - it doesn't require your phone be connected to the wifi. Open VZW M+ web page tab, pin it and you have browser-based messaging anywhere you have Internet connection. Tab even notifies on new messages. M+ app will also work on wifi-only tablets/devices without your phone present on the network.

Disclaimer: My needs are basic one-to-one sms. Can't speak to whether M+ will meet complex/group sms needs.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

PS. It will also send from your phone over WiFi if you lose cell coverage. Happens to me sometime when traveling.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I use Moto connect and it works perfectly for me and i almost never have my phone on wifi, so I'm not sure what all this talk about it needing to be on the same network is all about.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Try sending a message when your phone has no cell signal. Moto connect needs you phone to have a cell signal where the messages+ app does not.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Try sending a message when your phone has no cell signal. Moto connect needs you phone to have a cell signal where the messages+ app does not.

I'm on Verizon. It's gonna be damn near impossible for me to not have a cell signal.

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't work that way for everyone. Point is one app needs cell service and one does not.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Not trying to put down Moto connect but the messages app has better features for peeps who sometimes are outside of cell service. If you always have cell service they'll both work fine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Motorola Connect doesn't need to be on the same network.

With Verizon's Messages+, I don't think sent messages sync back with the phone unless you use Messages+ instead of Motorola's SMS app.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Nice thing about VZW Messages is that the Android app works with WiFi tables too. I have it on my Note 8.0 and don't have to switch to my phone to answer a text.

Jay Evans

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I use Motorola Connect on all my desktops/laptops. I use Messages+ on my Nexus 7.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Motorola Connect doesn't need to be on the same network.

With Verizon's Messages+, I don't think sent messages sync back with the phone unless you use Messages+ instead of Motorola's SMS app.

I don't think anyone said you have to be on the same network. Messages does sync everything to every device. Phone, tablet, computer etc.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

If you are on the same WiFi network and use chrome browser, you can use moto connect which is already on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

+1 for VZW Messages+. Advantage over Moto Connect is it will work on any wifi/Internet connection - it doesn't require your phone be connected to the wifi.

I don't think anyone said you have to be on the same network. Messages does sync everything to every device. Phone, tablet, computer etc.

Yeah, umm...ok

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, umm...ok
Good grief. Can't believe this is becoming a pissing contest. Let me sum it all up for you tdizzel. Moto connect needs a cell signal on your phone and messages+ does not. If you never lose cell coverage use whichever one floats your boat. If you do go outside of cell coverage it's something to keep I mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87