Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmsrise

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Would anyone know when the supposed soak test would start for the supposed soak invitees. The supposed invite was supposedly sent 2 days ago and past supposed soak test invitees supposedly stated the soak supposedly usually starts a day after supposed invitations are sent. Also would temporarily being in another country for break affect whether the supposed invitee would get the supposed soak? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
As I posted a few days ago, in my experience with soak tests so far the soak starts about 5 to 7 days after the invites are sent out, most of the time. The Droid 3 had invites go out in March and the soak start in May but that was unusual.

I don't know about foreign travel but I usually get otas by wifi so that should be fine, too. You'll definitely want it to be by wifi, they are usually large.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Would anyone know when the supposed soak test would start for the supposed soak invitees. The supposed invite was supposedly sent 2 days ago and past supposed soak test invitees supposedly stated the soak supposedly usually starts a day after supposed invitations are sent. Also would temporarily being in another country for break affect whether the supposed invitee would get the supposed soak? Thanks

Not sure, but they will never start a soak test on the weekend.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This thread lives as it is now about what date the soak will start, lol! I still think you're better off getting a new phone. Come December, that will probably be the direction I go ... we will see. I've been using Motorola for many years now. Droid, Droid 2, Razr Maxx HD, Droid Turbo. I think it's time for a change.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I've owned only Samsung and Motorola phones. Honestly I think Motorola makes the best built phones on the market. I've always since the windows mobile days been tempted to buy HTC but I've heard many problems with their phones. Plus I don't want all the sense ui crap type stuff. Personally I love the droid series and plan to stick with it

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This thread lives as it is now about what date the soak will start, lol! I still think you're better off getting a new phone. Come December, that will probably be the direction I go ... we will see. I've been using Motorola for many years now. Droid, Droid 2, Razr Maxx HD, Droid Turbo. I think it's time for a change.

Not for me...just got my Turbo last week...picked it over s6 and g4...$249 brand new off contact helped too. Great phone so far...

Phoenix212

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
My only personal experience with Samsung in mobile phones was with the Galaxy S3. It was nice at the start, but after awhile I had issues with
1. GPS (couldn't get a lock unless it was at a window, and then it took around 5 minutes, GPS Toolbox was a must have app on it)
2. Battery life (at the beginning I would end a 16 hour day with around with around 25-35% left, after a year after 10 hours I'd have 15% left)
3. Lag (at the beginning it would fly, after around 8 months it was unbelievably slow. For example when typing it would sometimes take around 20 seconds before it would register what I typed)
4. Screen burn in (the right side of it's display still has a strip on the side from the status bar in landscape orientation)

I came from the S3 as well. Had the exact same issues which drove me absolutely nuts. I was stressing everyday about a phone - a phone! Upgrading to the Turbo eased my GPS and battery anxiety. My old S3 has been downgraded to a podcast device used while doing yard work.

Last edited:

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've owned only Samsung and Motorola phones. Honestly I think Motorola makes the best built phones on the market. I've always since the windows mobile days been tempted to buy HTC but I've heard many problems with their phones. Plus I don't want all the sense ui crap type stuff. Personally I love the droid series and plan to stick with it

To each their own. If we all liked the same thing the world would be pretty boring.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I've only had Moto since I came from blackberry. Droid pro(not ready to give up keyboard), Droid bionic, Razr Maxx HD, and now the Turbo. Every other phone I have considered felt cheap and I was afraid wouldn't hold up. Recently checked out the S6 and it felt like a solid build.
I guess I'm eventually going to make some concessions to keep my UDP and I feel a little bitter about how the update has been handled.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've only had Moto since I came from blackberry. Droid pro(not ready to give up keyboard), Droid bionic, Razr Maxx HD, and now the Turbo. Every other phone I have considered felt cheap and I was afraid wouldn't hold up. Recently checked out the S6 and it felt like a solid build.
I guess I'm eventually going to make some concessions to keep my UDP and I feel a little bitter about how the update has been handled.

I considered the S6, but want to spend the next several months doing more research. It's been quite sometime that I really investigated a new phone, since I would just move to the next in the Droid Series. I have a Samsung Tablet (Galaxy Tab S) which I'm very happy with. In general, I've been satisfied with all of their products.

On problem I've had with the Turbo is the rebooting problem. It comes and goes, were the phone will just reboot on its own, sometimes 3 times a day. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.