What is Your Go-To Weather/Clock Home Screen Widget?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Your creation is exactly the way I'd prefer mine to look. Would you mind terribly telling me what you chose to make yours look like that? Like perhaps walk me through it, steps to follow to end up with one identical? I'd be much appreciative! Thanks much!
Sorry for the belated reply -- hectic schedule this week. Also, sorry to have used to the wrong Widget name in my original answer. I'm using HD Widgets, and got them confused with each other (they are both good programs, and I own both). I think I ended up with Beautiful Widgets because it worked better for tablets at the time I bought it than HD Widgets. In any case, HD Widgets is what I use on my phone. Sorry for the confusion.

If you'd like to create one similar to the one I use, long press on a blank area of your phone screen and select "Widgets" as you normally would, then from your widget list, select HD Widgets, followed by HD Widgets 4x2. This will display a screen similar to the one shown below.

Screenshot_2015-03-01-08-56-17.png
Of course, yours will start off with a completely different looking widget, with the only similarity being that it will be 4x2 in size. Firstly, select "Colourform XP" from the top left drop list of choices. Then, swipe through all of the widget samples (there are quite a few), until you come across the one named "Header Weather & Indicators". Once you've reached this point, you're half way home, because this is the layout you like: large time displayed on the top, with two indicators of your choice bracketing the weather on the bottom. Now you can customize the look and feel of the widget using the bottom 2 rows of icons. Start with the "Background", "Opacity", Tile", and "Texture" buttons on the very bottom row, in conjunction with the sliding second row above it to achieve the background appearance you like.

Screenshot_2015-03-01-08-56-27.png
Next, select the "Clock" button on the bottom row, and scroll through the choices above until you find a clock font that you like. You can also customize the colors, using the 4 buttons to the left of the Clock button: "Clock", "Hours", "Minutes", and even the "Dots". Adjust to your heart's content.

Screenshot_2015-03-01-08-56-37.png
Now, scroll the bottom row until you get to the "Icon" button, and select it. This if how your weather will be displayed. Basically, you can choose a realistic weather icon or a simplistic icon. Next, select the "Indicators" button on the bottom row. This will display a completely different screen as shown below.

Screenshot_2015-03-01-08-56-53.png
You can see here, that I've chosen The Battery and the Do Not Disturb options; however, there are quite few other choices you may prefer, including "blank". Once you decided on which 2 you want, select the save check mark icon on the top right hand corner of the screen, which will return you to the widget, showing the two indicators you chose. Happy with your widget? Select the save check mark in the upper right hand of the screen and it will be dropped on your desktop. Otherwise, continue to tweak it until you are satisfied, then save using the check mark when you finally have it just right.

I hope this was helpful, and good luck!

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Fancy Widgets. Normally I change the clock skins regularly, but I always come back to this one. It matches the Google bar.

Attachments

• 1425267743221.jpg
    1425267743221.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 48

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've always disliked the google bar, and it's the first thing I remove from my phone screen when I get a new phone. I was pretty displeased that the only way to remove it from the Turbo was by replacing the launcher. Ultimately I would have done that anyway -- but If I didn't want the google bar, I had to use an alternate launcher, and that doesn't sit very well with me. I do like google voice, and I can launch it from any main screen by simply speaking "OK Google", and that's all I need (Moto Voice, if that's the correct name is disabled). Just my 2 cents. For those of you that like the goggle bar, rock it with pride.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the few that actually like the Google Bar on my Main Home screen. If I was forced to have it on all my screens, then I would have an issue.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've always disliked the google bar, and it's the first thing I remove from my phone screen when I get a new phone. I was pretty displeased that the only way to remove it from the Turbo was by replacing the launcher. Ultimately I would have done that anyway -- but If I didn't want the google bar, I had to use an alternate launcher, and that doesn't sit very well with me. I do like google voice, and I can launch it from any main screen by simply speaking "OK Google", and that's all I need (Moto Voice, if that's the correct name is disabled). Just my 2 cents. For those of you that like the goggle bar, rock it with pride.

Actually if you touch and hold a blank spot while using the stock launcher, you can go into settings and turn the bar off.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually if you touch and hold a blank spot while using the stock launcher, you can go into settings and turn the bar off.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
Thanks. As many times as this has come up, this is the first solution I've seen (I must have missed this being correctly addressed elsewhere in the forum). I actually switched to the default launcher from Nova to test it, and "yep" that works.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I hope this was helpful, and good luck!

Thank you *SO* much for the tutorial! :D Very much pleased with my creation! I think it looks superb and blends beautifully with my Violet Flat icon pack (GP store).

Just two very minor issues. Going to have to get used to the Do Not Disturb as opposed to Mute that I have been using (Power Toggles app). It is not a simple tap... now I have to tap and set the duration I wish for the phone to remain silent. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent feature.. will just take a little time to adapt to it. I do love the fact that when the duration/timer ends all sounds return to regular settings (will be a lifesaver for me as I mute my phone for client sessions and religiously forget to unmute and of course I miss calls and messages until I finally remember). Still, it would be nice to have Mute as an option on the home screen widgets. Mute can be added to lock screen widgets, would make sense to add the ability to other widgets as well.

I also wish that tapping the clock could open the alarm page of the system clock app instead of opening to the plain clock page (I already know the time, why does it think I need to see it bigger? LOL). Like I said, this is a very minor pet peeve I've discovered. I will be submitting these as suggestions to the developer(s) and who knows? They may just take my feedback to heart. :)

Thanks again, dungoyle!!

Screenshot_2015-03-02-21-27-42.jpg

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you *SO* much for the tutorial! :D Very much pleased with my creation! I think it looks superb and blends beautifully with my Violet Flat icon pack (GP store).

Just two very minor issues. Going to have to get used to the Do Not Disturb as opposed to Mute that I have been using (Power Toggles app). It is not a simple tap... now I have to tap and set the duration I wish for the phone to remain silent. Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent feature.. will just take a little time to adapt to it. I do love the fact that when the duration/timer ends all sounds return to regular settings (will be a lifesaver for me as I mute my phone for client sessions and religiously forget to unmute and of course I miss calls and messages until I finally remember). Still, it would be nice to have Mute as an option on the home screen widgets. Mute can be added to lock screen widgets, would make sense to add the ability to other widgets as well.

I also wish that tapping the clock could open the alarm page of the system clock app instead of opening to the plain clock page (I already know the time, why does it think I need to see it bigger? LOL). Like I said, this is a very minor pet peeve I've discovered. I will be submitting these as suggestions to the developer(s) and who knows? They may just take my feedback to heart. :)

Thanks again, dungoyle!!
Great job in color coordination KA1OTE. I too love the Do Not Disturb function. I used to have the OK Google Microphone icon there, until I stumbled across the setting that let's you invoke OK Google "hot" from any screen. The DND button is a much better use of that space.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
!!

Are these meetings in your calendar? If so you can just use the Meetings feature of the Assist app to automatically mute when you are in a meeting. It can also be set to allow favorite contacts to ring through if you want, so if a family member calls in an emergency it will still ring the phone, but all other calls will not ring.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I use 1 Weather and if I tap on the clock portion of the widget it opens my alarm app which is Digital Alarm Clock by Zabamobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk