Google Camera Problems on my Turbo

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I primarily use the Google Camera on my Turbo but I have run into two issues that I'm concerned about. I'm wondering if others are experiencing these problems (a software bug?) or if the problems are unique to my phone (a hardware issue?)

1. Lens Blur no longer works on the main camera. I can capture the image without issue, but when my phone tries to process it the end result is a normal photo that I cannot adjust the focus on - it does not have the little shutter icon below the photo. Oddly, Lens Blur works fine if I use the front facing camera.
  2. When I try to take a panorama the camera "drifts" on its own. I take the first shot and try to rotate the camera but the blue dot that I'm trying to land on drifts away from the white circle so that I cannot capture the second shot no matter how far I rotate the camera. If I use the motorola camera I can take panoramas without any problems.

Troubleshooting steps I have taken
  • Cleared the cache on my phone
  • Uninstalled Google Camera then reinstalled it

Neither of those steps have helped.

James Appleton

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I too have noticed the exact same issue. While the photography lesson in a previous response is nice, it isn't relevant to the issue at hand or the bug in the App. Furthermore, the lens blur effect in Google Camera is used more to create a Tilt Shift effect, not a shallow depth of field or bokeh effect for the background. Does anyone have any information on whether this is a known bug and an ETA on the fix? It's a fun feature and it totally sucks that it stopped working!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, but I think lens blur was not a part of Lollipop, or else was not a part of the latest Google Camera update.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, but I think lens blur was not a part of Lollipop, or else was not a part of the latest Google Camera update.

To be clear, Lens Blur is is still an option in the the camera settings, it just doesn't work properly with the main camera. It does still work on the front facing camera.

For me this issue started before I updated to LP. I was hoping LP would fix it but unfortunately that did not happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress