[Poll] Does your X have problems with Ginger Bread

Does your X have problems with Ginger Bread?

• Total voters

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems like such a large swing between those with problems and those without.. just wanted to see a "true" count of what's going on. :p

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Lots of issues with GB.. One good thing is that my email now works... I am thinking of SBFing back to froyo... I dont like how lots of things work (or DONT WORK) now..

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had fewer issues with GB than I did with Froyo. It seemed like my phone was rebooting randomly all the time on Froyo. Has only happened twice on GB.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
? 96 views, only 11 votes. There has to be more wanting to express their opinion. Especially with all the vitriole in other threads. Even though it says public poll, can't actually see your votes not that it would matter if you could, just about x problems, not if you are tethering. :) :p come on let's see where we stand on the x's problems

Actually i can see who voted where by clicking on the actually vote tally- but again this isn't a vote on whether you tether :)

Last edited:

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I fit in somewhere between the second and third choices. I am having a few more problems than I did with Froyo but nothing so bad that I would say major problems.

I have small minor problems that I did not have with Froyo, I had very few with it.
I did have the backwards compass and Google Maps, but that healed last week and now is showing correctly. My news feeds work fine for a couple of weeks, then stop working until I unsubscribe from all of them and then resubscribe. This continues to happen so I need to do this every couple of weeks.

I am not rooted and have just a few downloaded apps, compared to most. The phone was powering itself back on after I would shut it down, but that seems to have stopped as well.
The backlit hard buttons come on when they feel like it and stay on however long they please no matter what I do, but they didn't work right in Froyo either.
I no longer have any colored leds for messages or alerts of any kind, occassionally I will get one for an email. but even that isn't consistent.

I have had several Google maps updates since Gingerbread arrived but only the last one seems to have solved the problems I was having with it. Other little things appear to heal on their own after some app updates.

Oh and my battery doesn't last nearly as long as it did before the update. It was awesome before, I rarely talk on the phone and don't email or text often so my phone gets very light use most of the time.
There are occasional exceptions to that, but battery life is considerably worse than it was.

I had no problems at first, they began after a few days, of course about the time the soak was over and GB was released to all. lol

Claudia

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I answered with the second option, but I'm really somewhere between the first and second. Overall, I am pleased with the update. I do not like the new version of Blur, it's worse than Blur on Froyo, but I was already using Launcher Pro anyway. There were a few minor things at first, which were nothing more than a difference in how it works than an actual problem. The only real issue I ran into was the loss of my email accounts being listed in the My Accounts app / settings, meaning I had no access to my email account server settings. Which, once I gave up on VZW's "reset the phone and lose all your data" answer, I got a real solution from someone in these forums.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Way more problems than with froyo. Fewer reboots but more freezes, blue tooth issues, gps linking, slow Facebook synching,apps opening when the phone isn't being touched. Auto dial doesn't populate always.

Can't see the poll on tapatalk.

Sent from my DROIDX

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Initially after the gingerbread update, I was experiencing all the common issues many other users are experiencing including 3g drops with necessary reboot, trouble switching between 3g and wifi, and freezing when playing mp3s.

However, my phone has been pretty stable for about 2 weeks now. I haven't had to restart due to 3g droppage and have not had the mp3 freezes. I don't know what has changed as I haven't done anything personally.

rodeezie

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive noticed several issues with force closing, connection errors etc but all minute up against my major concern with erratic keyboard. Often invisible. Cursor offset in text field, keyboard repeatedly jumps off/on screen while typing, keys stick, etc .
TERRIBLE.
Two master resets with only temporary resolve. Fix. Fix. Fix. Please! My phone was perfect prior to update, now ive reverted
back to the stress and anger of the BB Storm saga!

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd DroidX since the GB update. Both lose their phone and 3G connections and need a reboot to recover. So, its not the hardware, and a factory reset doesn't fix the problem. I've tried removing all apps that run in the background and there is no difference. Replacing the DX again won't help, so I'll just hope and wait for a patch.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
With some people experiencing major issues and others not .I feel lucky because while I do have a glitch once in a while ,its not that often to annoy me toooo bad about it.
If I did I would Sbf back to froyo tho, or hold out for the update to the GB update. ;)

Last edited:

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
No problems with Froyo, but on GB...
Photo GPS tagging is not accurate; however, google maps GPS location is accurate.
Occasional restarts
Hard keys stying lite when in alarm clock mode
Slower side-to-side scrolling (it's jerky)
Some contacts disappeared without human interference
Occasionally goes into airplane mode with no human intervention.
WiFi disconnects after a few minutes
Battery runs down about 20-30 percent faster

Did a normal OTA update at first, then after noticing the problems did the factory reset and update to GB and problems remained.

Similar to my old BB tour. But my issued BB tour, actually works better now. Of course it took RIM about three OS upgrades to get it right. Will it take google/moto/verizon to get this one right? If not, I'm up for another phone anytime after October, or anytime if I want to pay full price...

My biggest problem is this was by no doubt the best phone I have ever had...until GB.:mad:

Reactions: Buffalo

Buffalo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No problems with Froyo, but on GB...
Photo GPS tagging is not accurate; however, google maps GPS location is accurate.
Occasional restarts
Hard keys stying lite when in alarm clock mode
Slower side-to-side scrolling (it's jerky)
Some contacts disappeared without human interference
Occasionally goes into airplane mode with no human intervention.
WiFi disconnects after a few minutes
Battery runs down about 20-30 percent faster

Did a normal OTA update at first, then after noticing the problems did the factory reset and update to GB and problems remained.

Similar to my old BB tour. But my issued BB tour, actually works better now. Of course it took RIM about three OS upgrades to get it right. Will it take google/moto/verizon to get this one right? If not, I'm up for another phone anytime after October, or anytime if I want to pay full price...

My biggest problem is this was by no doubt the best phone I have ever had...until GB.:mad:

I'm right there with you, but with a few more issues (never owned a BB however).

HATE my DX now,,,,, cannot wait for the patch/fix for this screwed up GB update!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I just received a replacement with GB and haven't had no problem.( Mind you I didn't want it) I guess it running great since it was a clean install (since I know the phone was wiped) Mine is running very smooth so far!

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Mine was virtually perfect on Froyo. Now with GB I get less battery life, GPS rarely works at all unless you have 20 min to let it sync up. Before it worked great. Random small glitches and lock ups requiring a battery pull. It's not horrible, but it really sucks to make a great phone less stable. My friend is on his 3rd replacement from Verizon and he's still having more issues than me. I am holding on to this one figuring it could be worse with a replacement.

ETA: I forgot about the drop out of 3G for no good reason. I'll be where I have 3 or 4 bars of 3G and when I go to use data it drops to 0 1X bars and I have to wait till it comes back to 3G to do what I wanted to do.

Last edited:

vivitar

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a few issues with my phone. Random reboots and a general slowdown being the two major ones. Funny thing is that I had zero problems on the last leak (non rooted) before taking the official OTA so I'm not sure what changed between them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38