how do I get from the leaked .588 to stock .602?

mottspj

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Why would you want to. You are rooted is you have the leak so go to droidx forums and get the rooted and deodexed 602. Granted there is a one click root for 602 but you still need deodexed to theme

sully1541

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I am not rooted. I have the leaked .588 gingerbread that came out before the ota. Now when I try to get the .602 ota, it says I'm up to date.

Thanks

mottspj

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
OK sorry. I assumed that you flashed 588 as rooted user. So no you do have to sbf back to froyo to get the update. How did you get the leak if you aren't rooted?

sully1541

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I download the .zip file from this site back when it leaked.

I'm not up on how to do all of this stuff on a droid. Use to tinker with my bb os all the time.

mottspj

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
OK I use to due the same thing. I was so much easier. So. I has problems sbfing because I'm on windows 7. So from the droidx forums I got instructions to burn a Linux disk with froyo included to get back to stock froyo. Search the droidx forums under Droid x hacks for 1KDStaz or just 1KDS to getting the instructions. They are easy to follow and I've used this method a bunch of times.

mottspj

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You might also want to try the one click available for the droidx that people are using to root 602. Don't know if it will work on 588 but it won't hurt. It might just not work. If it does then you could use the leaked rooted 602 that's out