How to avoid .605 update

jsharp

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This question is a little different than what everyone else is posting, but here it is. Is there any way that I can avoid this update? My phone is working fine without having to go through with changing things again, rerooting and flashing patches all over again. Every four hours my phone pops up asking me to update.

BD15

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just change the name of the update.apk file to "update.apk.bak"
This way you'll still have access to the file if you need it, but the phone won't recognize that its a pushed update.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Where is this file located? I didn't see it on my sd card.

.. It's not on your sd card. The update.apk is in your system/app folder and you will need an app like root explorer to be able to modify the name of the file.

Why dont you just update and run 1 click to reroot? its not like you need to wipe your phone or something unless you're on a custom rom.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
.. It's not on your sd card. The update.apk is in your system/app folder and you will need an app like root explorer to be able to modify the name of the file.

Why dont you just update and run 1 click to reroot? its not like you need to wipe your phone or something unless you're on a custom rom.

This. The superoneclick works fine on. 605

*customized tapatalk signature*