Who is a storm going to Droid X?

joel1031

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll be swapping from my first-ever BB/smartphone (Storm in June 09) to an X (my first-ever Android) on release. Here's hoping for a better experience. =)

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try and get one either on launch day or soon afterwards. My wife and I are both on the S1 and it's just such a pain to deal with. I take care of mine better than she does, so when I switch she gets my phone. I can't wait to get out of this phone. I will miss the way BB handles push notifications, but I'll learn to live with it given that performance of the DX will be a welcomed trade.

Your my boy blue

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've read in a lot of post about people saying "my crap storm" or "my POS storm" but I'm really curious to see how many people are changing over from a storm. I'm one to start. Can't wait till the 15th. Are you switching over from a storm?

I had a storm and hated it, it would freeze up 4 or 5 times a day. I was considering the Droid X but now it seems like the Fascinate (Galaxy S) is my top choice. The AMOLED screen is amazing and the phone is a little smaller, which is a little more manageable I think.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I finally left my S1 for a Moto Droid a couple days ago, got a used one. Best decision I've made, now I'm just wondering why I didn't do it sooner. Oh yeah, also have a Moto DroidX preordered at BestBuy.

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not trash talking my Storm 2, but I am jumping to the X on the 15th.
Just think the Droid X will work out better for me, and I sure won't miss the battery pulls.
Hello Android, goodbye Blackberry.

gwhamil

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the Storm 1 on the day it was released. It was nothing but trouble for the first 6 months or so. Finally, after multiple OS releases they got it to the point where it was fairly stable, but it still leaks memory and requires a re-boot every few days. I am going to switch to the Droid X on the 15th. I will not be sorry to see the storm go.

Sangiovese

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The Storm 1 was my first smartphone. Loved it until memory leaks and slow re-boots got annoying. Then dropped it and broke the screen a couple of weeks ago. (Not on purpose!) I'm living with a used BB Pearl (ugh!) until the X comes out.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Seems like alot of BB Storm 1/2 owners are moving to an Android phone. I just sold my storm on eBay as I have pre-ordered the X at Best Buy. Had enough of my storm!

Last edited:

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems like alot of BB Storm 1/2 owners are moving to an Android phone. I just sold my storm on eBay as I have pre-ordered the X at Best Buy. Had enough of my storm!

someone actually wanted to buy a storm? :D I figured I'd have to pay someone to take mine. :p

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yea I went from a BB Curve 8330 for about a year too a Storm 2 on release date...now have 2 giant cracks on screen and I'm sick of batt pulls, freezing, and overall slowness. Only reason I held out this long was b/c of BBM. That all ends when the Droid X comes out!

cgull

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have an S2 and am thinking of getting an X. However, my S2 is solid on corporate Exchange messaging and overall business device. I was checking out Touchdown but have no idea. Not sure about the X form factor either.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
someone actually wanted to buy a storm? :D I figured I'd have to pay someone to take mine. :p

Yep, they paid what I was asking. Nothing wrong with the phone except the famous memory issue, which has frustrated me from almost the start. I have gone back to the Curve I had 2 years ago. Using the Curve until I get the X.

the1sen

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am undecided if I will go with this or the Incredible. Waiting for a demo at the store to see which one I like better and to see what the non-motoblur motoblur stuff is about...

Not sure if it is just me, but during the video walk-throughs I have watched, no one seems to like the non-motoblur motoblur stuff... so I am real hesitant.

I'm on my 4th sh?tStorm (3 original, now v2) and I can't wait to ditch RIM and write them a nasty letter to boot for their sickening treatment. I go out of my way to NOT use my device - at all. I have not been so put off by a product in my life. RIM is the new Palm and they're left far behind by innovations like Android.

john_5_24

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought the S1 in March of 2009 and have had EIGHT REPLACEMENTS. To top it off, my wife dropped my phone a week ago and it now has a cracked screen, making it more of a POS than it already was. I will be at the VZW store at opening time on the 15th.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a Curve 8330, Storm 9530 and a Tour 9630. I wish Android had a "trade up" program like BlackBerry used to so I can unload these antiques without the hassle of trying to sell them myself. Wait, "antiques" has the connotation that they are actual worth something.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a Curve 8330, Storm 9530 and a Tour 9630. I wish Android had a "trade up" program like BlackBerry used to so I can unload these antiques without the hassle of trying to sell them myself. Wait, "antiques" has the connotation that they are actual worth something.

I'll be leaving BB for either the X or the Droid2 but just to go OT here for a minute.Don't lump the Curve 8330 in with the rest of RIM's CDMA trash. :( The 8330 is still one of the best BBs Verizon ever carried.It's still way better than most of the crap devices RIM spews as "improvements".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non