Question about ordering online

Dante8205

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if anyone knew what verizon usually does with new phones coming out. Do they have a preorder? Do they make it available on day one? Would the phone come on the 15th? Any basic information that anyone knows would be great because I'm itching for this phone.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if anyone knew what verizon usually does with new phones coming out. Do they have a preorder? Do they make it available on day one? Would the phone come on the 15th? Any basic information that anyone knows would be great because I'm itching for this phone.

Verizon Wireless has yet to officially comment, but after several of us have spoken to reps in-store and over the phone, there is no plans of a direct way of preordering (to my knowledge only Best Buys were given this option, but have since ended it).

It should be available in-stores on July 15th, from releases in the past, I'd suspect doors to open at 7am (EST). Now as far as online ordering is concerned I can honestly say I have no idea. I believe in the past, online orders have begun to start between 12am-3am EST online, but again there has been no confirmation on these windows, and probably won't be until the release day draws closer.

Beasley10

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Wireless has yet to officially comment, but after several of us have spoken to reps in-store and over the phone, there is no plans of a direct way of preordering (to my knowledge only Best Buys were given this option, but have since ended it).

It should be available in-stores on July 15th, from releases in the past, I'd suspect doors to open at 7am (EST). Now as far as online ordering is concerned I can honestly say I have no idea. I believe in the past, online orders have begun to start between 12am-3am EST online, but again there has been no confirmation on these windows, and probably won't be until the release day draws closer.

now dont quote me on this....but i read on other forums and i actually heard a customer rep say they may take orders a few days before the release...online....but...its hope....for me anyways...

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a bump...

Has anyone ordered a similar, in-demand phone such as this on launch day (at or shortly after 12:00 AM ET)?

If so, when did they ship? Overnight or 2-day?

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a bump...

Has anyone ordered a similar, in-demand phone such as this on launch day (at or shortly after 12:00 AM ET)?

If so, when did they ship? Overnight or 2-day?

I heard from a few people on the forum that it'll be free overnight shipping. Don't quote me on that though. :eek:

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The rep I spoke to about my Droid X hooked me up with overnight shipping.

I looked in your sig. you ordered the phone today? The rep told me he tried ordering it the other day and still couldn't be it wouldn't be available till the 13th.. I guess you just have to get the right person.

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to a CSR last night and he highly suggested ordering online on launch day to receive the instant $100 rebate and to get the free overnight shipping, so yes it will/should qualify for it. So, if that holds true - my X will arrive on Friday, July 16 - my birthday!!! How's that for a present???:cool:

tlane01

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its luck on the draw. I tried calling last night to order one and the girl i talked to wasn't able to pre-order for me. the 15th needs to get here sooner!

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to a CSR last night and he highly suggested ordering online on launch day to receive the instant $100 rebate and to get the free overnight shipping, so yes it will/should qualify for it. So, if that holds true - my X will arrive on Friday, July 16 - my birthday!!! How's that for a present???:cool:

haha The X is my birthday present also but yours is much cooler being shipped to you on the day of. My birthday is on the 21st!! :p
I should add that I will not wait and make it come on my birthday!!! LOL

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I looked in your sig. you ordered the phone today? The rep told me he tried ordering it the other day and still couldn't be it wouldn't be available till the 13th.. I guess you just have to get the right person.

Well I had an order in for a dinc already but started to get really frustrated by the estimated wait. So I asked the csr if I could cancel my dinc order and he said sure. He canceled my dinc & replaced it with a X order, The csr was really cool & went out of his way to help me which is rare sometimes at VZ. So Im looking forward to seeing my X on the 16th of July. My advice to you would to nicely ask for a supervisor if the csr cant help you out.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a very friendly and informative CSR. After she looked over my account, she informed me that I could set up an appointment in which she would call me back the morning of the release day to take my order.

Apparently VZW is making sure there are enough CSRs to field orders the morning of the 15th, that many have to come to work early. You can also choose which accessories you are interested in so that come the morning of the 15th, all they will have to do is ask for your payment information, and have your order shipped out same-day.

I'd suggest to anyone who won't be able to, or isn't willing, to wait at their local stores to go this route. I suspect the website will also be hammered.

JDHunz

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a very friendly and informative CSR. After she looked over my account, she informed me that I could set up an appointment in which she would call me back the morning of the release day to take my order.

Apparently VZW is making sure there are enough CSRs to field orders the morning of the 15th, that many have to come to work early. You can also choose which accessories you are interested in so that come the morning of the 15th, all they will have to do is ask for your payment information, and have your order shipped out same-day.

I'd suggest to anyone who won't be able to, or isn't willing, to wait at their local stores to go this route. I suspect the website will also be hammered.

That's what I was told, too. I was also told, in regards to the $100 rebate, it could either be in the form of a debit card or they would be able to credit my account the $$$ on the next bill. I might try the online route and just wake up early/stay up late just to avoid being put on hold...just in case.

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was told, too. I was also told, in regards to the $100 rebate, it could either be in the form of a debit card or they would be able to credit my account the $$$ on the next bill. I might try the online route and just wake up early/stay up late just to avoid being put on hold...just in case.

Well if you order online or via phone, the rebate should be instant, meaning the amount is automatically deducted from the price of the phone. Those who opt for in-store purchases, should receive the MIR, which usually consists of VZW sending them a debit/gift card later on.

chuch13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Was also told that they can charge the phone amount to your bill, so if you buy the phone in store, when your bill comes in 4 weeks, you'll have your rebate card within 2 weeks after that, so really you never have to spend the extra 100 dollars.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer