Screen Issues?

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Been playing with the X on and off today. At least Three times the touch screen has basically gone super unresponsive. Swipes don't work, button taps don't work ot they take 10-15 seconds to register at if at all. The physical buttons buttons work great so it seems like a touch screen issue. Twice turning the phone off and on did nothing and the only solution was to leave the phone alone for 3 min the come back and once turning it off and on cleared it up. When it's snappy it's snappy but man, something isn't totally right with these multiple hang ups. Saw somewhere that PCmag in their review noted similar issues of screen lag and the like. Anyone else seeing this?

My only hope I guess is that one of the ota updates that came out fixes this and my phone just needs to get that ota. Need to figure out how to check that.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had a Moto Droid that had a screen that would wig out every now and then and become unresponsive. I took it back and got the Incredible (which I returned to wait for the X).

tobearms

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me once today when I was unlocking the screen with my "pattern swipe". Wouldn't take it...didn't even act like it knew there was a finger on it. A few seconds later - good to go.

I'm not sweating it.

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Come to think of it tobearms at least one of the times my X went wonky the unlock screen was also super unresponsive. The other times it just went wonky while using it.

Guess there ain't much to do but let it ride and see what happens. Not like I can exchange it since their sold out!

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Not plugged in any of the times and the only app I have downloaded and haven't even run it yet is Groceriq or some such.

KB19

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sooooo mad mine does that to, its like the phone is not frozen just the screen completely ignores you as in will dim down an turn off while your fingers right on it ugh. I went to Verizon 3 times about it yesterday first they said that it was the screen protector when really i think it was the phone an the protector probably just made it worse so when they took the protector off it seemed fine an i left then got home an it continued to happen. So i went back an the lady was like "well maybe its because your typing so fast" so i slowed it down an typed one letter a second an it still did it. Then she walked over to the guy at the sales desk an when she came back said it was because i had like 15 app running which all of those apps i had been repeatedly closing app killer or w/e but the phone reopens them by it selfs which i think she should have realized! ANYWAY so then she said "well your battery just died so try closing those apps an you should be fine" so being stupid i believed her an left went home charged my battery an the misery (lol) continued all throughout the night. Now i'm stuck with the phone because all the Verizon's around are sold out an don't get a truck till Monday, but come Monday morning i want an exchange i tried fixing it like they told me an it didn't work i paid for a properly working phone an they will give it to me. Not tryna sound demanding cuz trust me i hate to complain or else i would have yesterday but after 2 months of have a broken BlackBerry Tour screen an about a year of having a BlackBerry RAGGEDDY ball that never worked properly im tired! lol ANYWAY i love the phone just in need of a replacement at the moment.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Have no idea if this will help but try turning off live widgets on your home page if it is on. Turn off the live Droid eye.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me about three times so far, and the way I temporarily fixed it was to lock it and unlock it. Then the screen would become responsive.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Itlan#AC

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Locking/unlocking seems to be the general fix when it happens to me.

I don't run ATK.

The other thing I did which seems to minimize how bad the freeze ups have been is I disabled the live wallpaper and trashed the default news app. Since then it still freezes up but not nearly as bad. At least a lock -unlock fixes it where as before I had to leave the phone alone for 2-3 min before it would become responsive again.

Seems like a software issue, I hope to god an OTA fixes this. Buggin the hell outta me!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Because people start using task killers and end up killing processes that they shouldn't be killing, which almost always results in the kinda of posts I'm seeing reported here.

I too noticed lag at first, but it was happening (really bad) when it was initially syncing with my email and Facebook accounts. As others have suggested, the next place to look is at the 3rd party apps you are using and turning off Live Wallpapers. You should never have to use a task killer on an Android phone, but if you do, and it makes you feel better, without side affects, then by all means go for it. I suggested a hard reset, because for whatever reason that seems to help too sometimes.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me about three times so far, and the way I temporarily fixed it was to lock it and unlock it.

My lockscreen is disabled in settings. Maybe that is part of the reason I don't have any performance issues. I'm also not using any moto widgets besides Calendar and News. All the other stuff I dragged to the trash.