Speakers Very Weak!!!

w9mka

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Ringer Volume

Anyone else think that the ringer volume is a bit low. I have a ringtone that I was using on my Storm 1 and I could hear it anywhere in my house. I put the same tone on the Droid X and I can barely hear it across the room. I have turned the ringer and notifications volumes up fully.

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Too quiet????

You probably have tried it but use the volume rocker on the right side to increase the volume.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

conazo#AC

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
is anyone else experiencing the the weak speakers on the droid x? i find it to be a lot lower than the original droid, i hope there is a software fix for this to make the speakers louder. other than that I'm in love with this phone, is definitely a beast!!!

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Is your volume all the way up just utilizing the physical rocker or did you actually go into Settings>Sound and display and set the volume all the way up for ringer and media?

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
From my perspective, it's a trade-off. Yes, it's not as loud as my BB 8330, but at the same time it has better control over the dynamics. No more distorted crackling for the most part. But man, that Rooster alarm... :confused:

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Totally agree! I find it super quiet to the point I was going to swing by the store and see if it's just my unit. I can barely hear it when i get any notifications.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
You can probably put custom notifications on it that you make louder. It wont sound as good, but it should be louder. I feel like i had to do this on a windows mobile phone back in the day.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If your ringer volume is up, notifications should be too. Check settings. Something is wrong if it is not loud enough. The X has a very clear speaker and 7/10 on the volume scale for a cell phone. Only bested by the old Blackberry 9000, but rest of the package blows away those old Blackberries.

Last edited:

Kupe

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Is your volume all the way up just utilizing the physical rocker or did you actually go into Settings>Sound and display and set the volume all the way up for ringer and media?
Notifications is a third volume control (beyond ringer and media). You can maximize notification volume by selecting Settings --> Sound &Display --> Notification Ringtone and using the volume rocker switch when viewing the available notification sounds (the volume thermometer will be titled Notification Volume if you did this right).

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i sure hope this gets fixed in the next update .. speaker is deff. alot lower than the original droid..alarm almot didnt wake me up this morning... grrr. other that that the phone is perfect.

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you remember in the reviews it was said that the speaker is not as loud on the Droid X as most Motorola phones have been in the past... Probably to keep the weight down and make it so light they went with a smaller speaker... There are settings for the speaker basically an equalizer...

Sound & Display...
Media audio effects...
Phone Speaker...

Try playing with these and see if you can get a better sound output... But otherwise get a blue tooth or use the audio cable that came with your dock and plug it into your stereo...

mps623

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If you remember in the reviews it was said that the speaker is not as loud on the Droid X as most Motorola phones have been in the past... Probably to keep the weight down and make it so light they went with a smaller speaker... There are settings for the speaker basically an equalizer...

Sound & Display...
Media audio effects...
Phone Speaker...

Try playing with these and see if you can get a better sound output... But otherwise get a blue tooth or use the audio cable that came with your dock and plug it into your stereo...

Thanks!!! that helped out a good bit! :)

scoobyxj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The only thing I'm missing from my ol BB Storm is the screaming loud speaker. Made hearing the thing ring easy, and speaker phone a dream.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think a 2nd speaker would have done wonders on this phone. The Touch Pro 2 had one and it made all the difference in the world. Maybe next time.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree....Definately a 2nd speaker would have done wonders....for this being my 1st Droid coming from Storm 1 & 2, This is the only major negative I could find in the ringtone volume. :)

I think a 2nd speaker would have done wonders on this phone. The Touch Pro 2 had one and it made all the difference in the world. Maybe next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38