Still no DroidX :(

Smahie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my by phone on 7/31 and have yet to get any information. I am impatiently awaiting...and I am pretty much doing the same thing Tucker is. ..mild depression and getting all my contacts information prepared. ugh!

jswenson3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Man, it really bums me out that not only are online orders somehow shipping faster than in-store orders (you'd think inventory is inventory, right?) but also get free upgraded shipping AND instant, non-mail-in-rebate. Top that with a horrible in-store experience, and it kind of makes me wish VZW would just do away with B&M stores altogether. Just have unmanned demo kiosks for cripes sake.

Ordered IN-STORE on the 30th, and no tracking number in sight.

I ordered mine over the phone on 7/30 and was told my DX would ship BY 8/4 and I still don't have a tracking number. I emailed VZW and they told me that they made a mistake and phones sold after 7/29 wouldn't ship until 8/11. However, I just got a call from the CSR I ordered it from and he said that one that was ordered that morning has a tracking number assigned to it so there's a chance mine will ship before 8/11.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

jgs5032

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got a phone call from my local verizon store and they said they would not be getting another shipment for 45 DAYS!! I guess I will be ordering through the website now.

tucker973

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my by phone on 7/31 and have yet to get any information. I am impatiently awaiting...and I am pretty much doing the same thing Tucker is. ..mild depression and getting all my contacts information prepared. ugh!

Yeah, I think I've read the entire Internet's worth of information about the phone. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I got my tracking number Friday evening, and expected delivery is tomorrow. Even worse than the waiting was the knowing exists, and is out there, but I wouldn't have it for the weekend. Sigh. Hopefully it'll come before lunch time and I can swing home and spend the rest of my afternoon at work playing with the phone. [to recap, ordered in store 7/3, ship date 8/6, supposed delivery 8/10. Store told me ship by 8/4, subsequent calls to 611 said ship by 8/11]

Side note, what does anyone think the manufacturing to shipping time is? How old do you think these phones are when we get them? Kind of an interesting brain exercise, anyway.

sahmd

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I must be lucky - placed my order w/verizon over the phone wednesday of last week, and received a fedex tracking number on saturday. according to fedex, my delivery date is tuesday. sweet.

Angelworks

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine from Dell mobility last Thursday - overnight for 19 dollars - it came on Friday and was working the same day :/.

I guess it all depends who you ordered it from.