Facebook notifications

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or does facbook not put notifications in the notification bar? I have notificarions turned on but I dont have vibrate or ringers set. These are the same settings I use in twitter and I still see updates in the notification area. Am I missing something?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You missed the search, auto-search when you make a new post and just looking on any other page besides 1. No. FB notifications don't work properly yet.

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, the fb app sucks. Your best bet is to check your emails for notifications and just go to the mobile site. i keep fb around to upload pics and share articles.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have FB notification on my Droid X. But I use a the FB app.

The FB Notification only shows messages, events, and friend requests and only polling for notifications cannot be set any quicker than 30 minutes. If you go and check a notification on the mobile site or the full site before Fbook for Android has polled you will not get a notification for it on your DX.

geekpimpfx

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Bloo app works great for FB notifications, it actually shows an icon in the notification tray and opens up the message in app, not on the mobile site, I'd recommend using that until the official app does the same

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately the Facebook app doesn’t support push notifications, or notifications for things like wall posts and comments without actually opening the app itself. Like others have said, it’s very limited when it comes to notifications. It’s been a gripe of Android users for a while now.

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So then with Flow (fplus) what should we do with the fb app or social networking. Im so lost when it comes to this as I just got the X on friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress