Dx + computer issue

Trantzz

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
strange issue last night. I used my computer to charge my X last night. Evidently a Windows update came through forcing my computer to reboot. It a 4x month old HP laptop i7. When I woke up the computer was on a 10 second cycle of trying to reboot and shutting itself down. Not until I unplugged the X would it boot up. After boot the laptop had to run various scans before Windows would function. Everything seems ok now but it didn't look good at all at first.

Anyone else run into similar issues?

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing your BIOS is set to boot from USB devices, if they're present. Which means it saw your SD card, tried to boot, couldn't, tried again.... etc.

When you unplugged, the system was aware that it had had a problem booting up, and scanned to make sure nothing on your hard drive was borked.

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet cae2685 is exactly right. It was trying to boot from USB first, then because your computer noticed bootup errors it decided to scan.

I have an odd computer issue too. Every once in a while when I connect my X to the computer the computer doesn't recognize it and make the connection. I reboot both, and everything's fine again. Weird.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Best advice I can give you is to double check and make sure you have the right drivers for your operating system. If you have a 64-bit OS, find the 64-bit driver instead of using the 32-bit.

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't let MS update on its own since it sent out XP SP3 that kept crashing. I just have my computer notify me when updates are available and I select the ones I want and the time to update. If you do this problems like the OP had won't occur.