Battery life is amazing since upgrading to Froyo w/FlyX

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My DX became (expectedly) much snappier after I installed Froyo 2.2 (then FlyX) late last week, but after rebooting several times going into the weekend I have been getting insane battery life, too. Yesterday I took the phone off the charger around 9:30am and had 60% when I crashed around 2:00 am this morning following a day of heavy use. I took it off the charger at 9:30 am this morning and three hours later I'm still at 100%. I've made calls, done emails, and hit a bunch of sites, too. This is awesome :cool:\

Anyone else seeing a significant spike in battery life like this?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Mmm I personally have to disagree. I don't think Froyo was the reason for the battery life. People are very quick to miss things they changed, apps they downloaded or removed, small settings they fiddle with here and there.

Just for an example, a week ago I switched on Geolocations in Beautiful Widgets, thinking oh now that I have an Extended Battery I can afford the little luxuries. Well guess what? My batter was TANKING significantly worse than it was even when I was on 2.1, unrooted, and with very few apps. "What gives?" I said. Well, after digging around, turns out that because of that one little setting, my phone wasn't sleeping. So even though I only used my display for less than 20 minutes, my phone was RUNNING for over 4 HOURS. That means quite a hefty toll on battery life.

So after changing this one little setting my battery life went back to what it used to be.

Now I'm not saying Froyo doesn't help battery life "at all," but I'm simply trying to get the point across that most likely, OP's enormous gains in battery life are not due to Froyo. Don't hate on me for saying this OP, it's just more likely than not something else that you are overlooking and the placebo affect is causing you to think well the only thing I changed was Froyo, so that must be it.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just for an example, a week ago I switched on Geolocations in Beautiful Widgets, thinking oh now that I have an Extended Battery I can afford the little luxuries. Well guess what? My batter was TANKING significantly worse than it was even when I was on 2.1, unrooted, and with very few apps. "What gives?" I said. Well, after digging around, turns out that because of that one little setting, my phone wasn't sleeping. So even though I only used my display for less than 20 minutes, my phone was RUNNING for over 4 HOURS. That means quite a hefty toll on battery life.

How often do you set BW to update? I have mine on geo locate all the time but I set it to refresh on wake so it just checks when i look at the screen, then I set the auto refresh rate to once a day to curb all the auto updates. Id try shutting geo locate off but its a nice feature to have.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
How often do you set BW to update? I have mine on geo locate all the time but I set it to refresh on wake so it just checks when i look at the screen, then I set the auto refresh rate to once a day to curb all the auto updates. Id try shutting geo locate off but its a nice feature to have.

I have it set to every 2 hours and no refresh on screen wake. I checked the partial wake usage and BW was topping the meters, along with keeping my phone running 50% of its uptime. So yeah, it was Geo...

shawnzulma

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope this is the case for all of us Droid X users because my Dinc 's battery life instantly got cut in half after it got the 2.2 update. No exaggeration. So I gave it to my wife. She has to carry two stock batteries to get a full 8 hrs normal smartphone usuage out of it.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey Steve, if you were running the regular 2.2 leak before installing FlyX, outside of your battery performance, do you notice much overall difference between the two? I'm probably going to put the leaked 2.2 on today and was wondering if I should mess with FlyX after that or not.

Lightninrod

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have it set to every 2 hours and no refresh on screen wake. I checked the partial wake usage and BW was topping the meters, along with keeping my phone running 50% of its uptime. So yeah, it was Geo...

Thank you from a former Marine. I just changed my settings to yours. My extended battery life hasn't been that great.

Froyo is downloading now so I won't know which helped with battery life if it gets better but I don't care which helped as long as it gets better.