New to Android, Problems setting up Storage on Droid X!!!!!

Binimac

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Recently switched to the Droid X from the Storm 2 9550, and it's been bothering me setting up my storage options. Wanting the ease of accessing my media from my sd card, and not understanding fully how to set up to do so......

Any advice would be great....thanks,

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
What kind of computer are you using first off? And what exactly are you trying to do?

Last edited:

Binimac

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I would like storage of pictures, video, and music to automatically be stored on my card for easy access.... What would my cpu have anything to do with it?

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like storage of pictures, video, and music to automatically be stored on my card for easy access.... What would my cpu have anything to do with it?

I was misunderstanding the question I thought you were asking how do you get things from the computer to the SD Card. I am almost positive that all your media pics that you take music, and video downloads get automatically stored to the SD card.. Where apps that you download get stored on the phone, and you can then move them to SD card

Last edited:

Binimac

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, maybe I'm not finding them but when i check I'm coming up with nadda, and Ive looked over the phones settings for storage and feel like that is a dead end, just wondering

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There really isn't much difference between the Storm 2 and DX as far as the SD card goes. The X, however, doesn't have a desktop manager program for shifting media from PC to BB, and back.

For the X, all you need to do is make sure the SD card is accessible, and use your USB to plug your X into the computer (where your files are kept, presumably). Treat the X like a flash drive. Click on the assigned letter (port) and find the file that says Music or Photographs (or whatever - there are a number of folders on the SD card), drag and drop your files from the computer to the SD card. That's it.

You can delete or remove files from the SD card that same way. Within the Photograph folder, you can create other folders to organize things, if you wish. I haven't tried it with music files, but I would think this is possible, too.

There are apps that can assist in transferring media files, but they only make it more complicated.

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for pics go to gallery they should be there and if they are they are on the SD card... If you want to make sure that they are on the sd card plug into computer with usb cable put phone into mass storage and look all mine get saved there I just looked and i have not changed any settings with the SD Card

Binimac

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, hopefully i get this figured out. I love the phone and dont have much time to hammer out all of the details as fast as i would like, so its nice to see that i found a place to come to and get some help......

thanks again guys, im sure youll hear from me again in the near future

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
No problem and no worries FYI I jumped ship from the "POS" Blackberry Storm 1 and I have never looked back since... So enjoy