2.2 update and M logo or bootloader - verizon response

66racer

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if its repetative but seems like there is no thread for it and some may miss it although posted in topics.

I had the M logo after update, rooted 2.1 that was installed with sbf when i didnt like the beta versions. (beta leaks gave me the same issue too but got around it on the first one) Anyways when it was not out online i did another sbf recover and yes failed and put me into bootloader, after recovering so many times my batt went too low to finish.

Verizon looked at it, tried to recover although she said no fix is out yet, only tech notes say to try to reboot/factory reset phone, but even if you have M logo seems like it wont show anyways, so for you M logo guys this should still apply. Their recovery might work though since you didnt sbf yet. Anyways they are going to mail me another phone since they were out of stock. Might be new might be refurb since i was past 30 days. Note: they did put another new battery in (probably factory shipped with 30% charge on it) but she said it wouldnt even recognise, weird because on RSD lite at home it sees it fine with a battery charge in it, OF COURSE you wanna keep that to yourself, hints into what they are working with though.

So dont panic if your rooted and played with beta releases, they seem to not be able to see any of that. Go get your new phone

Hardyboy001

May 5, 2010
Visit site
my Verizon response...
do the factory reset TWICE....yes TWICE.....I did it and well....that didn't fix the problem...now the M logo is there random...if I want a new phone I have to paid for it $300 and they will return my money as soon they get my old phone back!!

66racer

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
wow very opposite from what i went through, sorry to hear that, i would try a different store. Be sure to remind them that THEIR approved update caused the failure as well as others in the forums. Might help, and be nice, that will help im sure rather than show anger when the person helping you needs to take your side.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
my Verizon response...
do the factory reset TWICE....yes TWICE.....I did it and well....that didn't fix the problem...now the M logo is there random...if I want a new phone I have to paid for it $300 and they will return my money as soon they get my old phone back!!

WTF? This is not what happened to me [disclaimer: different problem, but that shouldn't be relevant]. I called *611, they couldn't solve my problem over the phone, so they sent me a replacement phone since my DX is still under warranty. I sent the old one back, and that was that. No mention of putting a deposit on my replacement.

And it's not like this is the first time this has happened... i went through something like seven BBs (curve and tour) in 2 years. In case this is the deciding factor, pay the 6.99/month for TEC. It's effing fantastic.

Tmadness

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The tech I talked to on the phone with my M logo issue was really nice. After doing everything she asked me to and we got no where she is sending me a new phone. She even threw in overnight shipping since I am leaving for vacation on Saturday.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The tech I talked to on the phone with my M logo issue was really nice. After doing everything she asked me to and we got no where she is sending me a new phone. She even threw in overnight shipping since I am leaving for vacation on Saturday.

Yeah, they threw that in for me too... for $8.99. But I can't complain, really. I've talked or badgered them into it when it actually mattered in the past.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non