LED mystery

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Post Froyo OTA, and after preferred wipe method (including no backup and reformatted SD card) I've lost the green flashing LED that notified me I had new Gmail in the Inbox. This has got to be a simple oversight on my end.

I use Handcent (default blue) to control SMS but can't see any settings for GMail or phone settings that have any control over for GMail. Any ideas or an app recommendation that would allow the LED to return to GMail inbox?

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Gmail label notifier allows you to set ringtone, vibration pattern, led color among other settings per label. It I'd a paid app but totally worth it in my opinion.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Gmail label notifier allows you to set ringtone, vibration pattern, led color among other settings per label. It I'd a paid app but totally worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds similar to SMS Unread Count (which I use) but with LED options and label customization. I'm only interested in a label for inbox; can you please verify you can create a notification + LED for Inbox only before I purchase?

Clemsonpablo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Gmail App>Menu Button>+More>Settings. I'm not sure which sets it...but I have 'email notifications' checked, which is probably the one that enables it.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Update: Green LED returned on its own, so it was isolated incident, but not before I DL'ed GMail Label Notifier. I'm glad I did. The ability to customize an LED for the Gmail vs. default green for phone call is welcome. I also like the widget icon option for Gmail tags vs. the usual envelope. Well worth the ~$1.37 US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress