Google Search Widget won't Select contacts?

HumanMachine

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks, HumanMachine here, just wondering about a little issue I've been having with the Google Search widget on my Rooted OTA 2.2 on my Droid X of course.

I've been having an issue with my contacts through the search widget, here are the steps to reproduce my issue.

1.User selects the "Google Search widget" To which the "contacts" search was added to previously.

2. User types an existing contact into the search box provided.

3. User attempts to select user's name and available contact information which should pop up in the window.

4. Google Search widget attempts to enter into contact list, but immediately quits back into the Google Search Widget.

Google search Widget should proceed into Contacts window upon selection of the contact's information while in the Google Search pane.

I have no idea why it does this. It works just about every other way. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been having this issue. I hope I explained it clear enough of course.

HumanMachine

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone reproduce this or is this just me folks? This is a bump.... I know... But I'd like to see some input out of this please? I would very much appreciate it.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get you are using schtick to try and remain in character. But I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to communicate.

Let's try a little normal-speak so I can get the gist of your issue.

dgs2000

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone reproduce this or is this just me folks? This is a bump.... I know... But I'd like to see some input out of this please? I would very much appreciate it.
I've seen this too, but the workaround is pretty simple so it doesn't bother me so much. I just tap on the contact picture which displays the little menu with various options, one of which is contacts. So it becomes two taps instead of one, but I've got bigger 2.2 issues so I just deal.

HumanMachine

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this too, but the workaround is pretty simple so it doesn't bother me so much. I just tap on the contact picture which displays the little menu with various options, one of which is contacts. So it becomes two taps instead of one, but I've got bigger 2.2 issues so I just deal.

Yeah I hear you. I should have mentioned that I did figure this one out by tapping the faceplate instead of the contact name.

Oh well, Much appreciated, Guess it is the way it is for now.

and.... "in character" the hell does that guy mean?

Mike Edgewood

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Rather frustrating. Finally can search contacts by company name and now can't get to them.

Something is obviously not working correctly.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i tried what you were saying, clicked on the contacts name not the picture and it brought me to my full contact list-

then i clicked on the contact picture, pop up menu, contact, and it went straight to the contact-