No Notifications For Email Or Texts...?

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've looked but can't seem to figure out how to get my DX to notify me of emails or texts. There is NEVER any kind of notifications on the top bar on the home page and no kind of sounds either. I tested by sending an email from my PC, yahoo account, to my gmail account and although it would come through on my BB, it doesn't on the DX.

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Took the battery out of the BB (which is on Boost and the DX is on Verizon), tried emailing to my gmail account again and still nothing on the DX. Frustrating......I have to click on the gmail app, open, and hit refresh and then it'll show the email, but no notification......ugh.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
1 - Settings > Data Manager > Data delivery > Check background data and Data enabled (for sure). The others are options up to you.

2 - Also Settings > Accounts > press your account > make sure all the syncs are checked. Hit menu and press sync now to make sure all are current. After this, it will do it autoomatically.

3 - AND, finally, open your email widget as if you were going to check your email. Then... menu > more > settings > toward bottom is the place to check to enable "email notifications" and any ringtone/vibrate, etc. Check out the other options there, in case you want to change anything else.

You can do these in any order, but they must all be set up properly. But these should take care of your problem (I hope!) Luck!

Reactions: Lightninrod

zbban1#AC

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I give up...I did everything exactly as you said to do, but the dang thing has a mind of its own...lol. Still no type of notification after several minutes of waiting, but when I get tired of waiting and go to check for the email I know I sent (from Yahoo on PC to Gmail) several minutes ago, of course it's there. UGH! Technology......

Update: It's actually working now...I gave it a jump start, let it come back on and I got my first notification...I was shocked...lol. Now, if it keeps on doing what it's supposed to be doing, we'll get along just fine! :D

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
One thing you may not checked....
1.Messaging
2.Click account that you want to alert you
3.Left Menu Button
4.Email Settings
5.Notifications
6.Verify that Notification is checked and Select Ringer isn't off.

attachment.php

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I give up...I did everything exactly as you said to do, but the dang thing has a mind of its own...lol. Still no type of notification after several minutes of waiting, but when I get tired of waiting and go to check for the email I know I sent (from Yahoo on PC to Gmail) several minutes ago, of course it's there. UGH! Technology......

Update: It's actually working now...I gave it a jump start, let it come back on and I got my first notification...I was shocked...lol. Now, if it keeps on doing what it's supposed to be doing, we'll get along just fine! :D

There is something to be said to let the X "rest" after a lot of changes have been made. It's like it has to catch up.

After a lot of changes or app installations/uninstalls, do a battery pull - Take your battery out, let it stay out at least a minute or so, then put it back. Push/hold the "on" button until the "M" shows up. Then let it reload.

Normally, just turning the X off and then on again will solve some issues. But when it's a major problem or many changes made, a battery pull helps a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo