Calendar nor syncing

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
When you open your google account under "My Accounts" and hit the sync icon for the Calendar what happens?

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
And you are sure you have events added to your google calendar? Also you can select what syncs to your calender. Like holidays, exchange, ect ect. I think you can do that from the calendar itself. Somewhere in the menu functions.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I went through Google and added all my events there from the computer and saved them all. i "sync" it but when i go to my calendar it tells me i have nothing synced.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
noticed that the calendar option does not appear when i go to sync. how do i get to sync the calendar if said calendar is not an option in my accounts... (and to top it off the soft key for the camera won't work... starting to wish i kept my Storm)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you go to settings>accounts and press your gmail account, it will open another screen that should have 3 items on it:

Sync Contacts
Sync Gmail
Sync Calendar

All 3 need to have the check box checked.

As to the camera, if you're saying that pressing the red button on the right side of the phone doesn't launch it, it's actually a 2 stage button. You have to press it ALL the way in (I hold mine in for about a second) to get the camera to launch. If by not working you mean that it wont take a picture, again, it's a 2 stage button. The first press/stage is for focus, then yo have to press in further to activate the shutter.

Your attitude sounds a bit defeated. This phone is so far ahead of the Storm, it's ridiculous, but the android os is very different from the bb os. I think it's well worth the learning effort. There must have been a reason that you left your bb behind...just keep moving forward.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
When i go into my gmail account i do not have the option for calendar. i think i am just going to set up another gmail account specifically for calendar reasons. and when i go to press (all the way down) it does nothing. not too concerned with it cause i set up the camera widget, its just annoying. I do agree that there is some learning that needs to be done. i had to go through 5 Storms to get one that worked properly, but there are some small things that it does that the X does not. that is just something you are going to get with every platform tho so no big deal.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This phone is so far ahead of the Storm, it's ridiculous, but the android os is very different from the bb os. I think it's well worth the learning effort.

I'd like to second this. Learning all the stuff my blackberry could do was a pain in the *ahem* butt, and then learning Android was too. But I'm so much happier now that I did figure it out. Wouldn't have been anywhere near as easy without CrackBerry and AC ;)

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get it to work. When i set up a second google account it automatically set up the third option for the calendar on my normal gmail account. I must say that this makes a huge difference in how i see the X. i am an avid calendar user and this just makes it that much better. Now if i could just get that darn camera key to work properly i would be happy

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Is it the red button on the side that does not work? If that's the case, I'd take it in to Verizon, as it's a hardware issue. If you have to exchange it, the nice thing about the android/google world is that after you activate a new phone and sign into your gmail account, everything will automatically sync up (though you may have to redownload some of your free apps. If you run LauncherPro on the phone, you can tell it to make a backup of your home screens so it will restore al that stuff too.

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
this is sort of happening to me too.. I have 3 different calendars set up on my google account, work, school, and my default and my school one just stopped syncing all of a sudden. It shows the events online but not on my phone. I can still add to it on my phone, but it doesn't sync with my calendar online.. my other calendars work fine. I don't know what's up! It's so annoying :[

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress