USB port issue...battery icon won't display

ron323#AC

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellas, my phone won't display the battery charging icon and it won't display the USB options when you connect it (mass storage, charge only, etc). Once the battery is fully charge the icon goes blank with a question mark on it. What could be the issue? Driver issue?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a PC with Windows 7? When you first plug in the X, did the PC install a driver for the X (as though it were a flash drive - which is should be if the USB Mass Storage Mode is selected in the pull-down notification panel).

Also, did you install that (AWFUL) Moto desktop program that always wants to launch when you plug in the X as a USB/flash drive. If you did install it, UNinstall it from your PC and hit cancel any time it shows up on the screen thereafter. PITA, but that program is totally USELESS in my opinion, and only causes problems.

One other thing, your X can't be locked when you hook up the USB. If it is, the PC won't "see" it until you unlock it.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Also try a different usb cable and another pc to see if the X is the problem.
Does the ? show up when using the A/C adapter? If so the X thinks you have a faulty battery.
If not and you tried another cable the usb port may be damaged or the system on the X is corrupt.
Backup and try a factory reset.

If it still doesn't work try taking it to a VZW store and have them check the battery. Should still be under warranty.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk