can I permanently disable the lock screen?

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been using "No Lock" for months w/ no problems. Recently however, it is unstable and useless on my DX. Emailed developer, no response. Anyway, have tried several other "No Lock" type apps and they all have failed. In addition, I go to settings > LOCATION/SECURITY> set up screen lock> None. And I still have the stupid slide lock on my DX. Am I missing an app free or paid or something in the settings of the phone that will permanently disable the lock slider?

Thxs in advance!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I use no lock with no issues.
Could there be another app or setting interfering with it?
Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling?

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only DX owner using No Lock w/ problems? Since my OP I have installed/reinstalled no lock several different times w/ same result. Works for a day or two stops. Uninstall- reinstall, works. repeat. I have purposely not DL any other apps. The developer is not responsive. I will pay for something that works as I hate the slide lock on my dx- it is a waste and a pain. Is there anything else I can try or (sigh) just leave the screen on 24/7. Thxs

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try using Elixir. It's an app that let's you create a customizable widget with many shortcut options. One of the options is to turn lock off.

The way I use it is if I'm going to be using my phone (i.e. not sitting in my pocket) then I turn the lock off. When you turn the screen on there is no pattern or slide lock. When it's in my pocket for a while, a quick tap on the widget enables the lock again. Works excellent for me.

Reactions: RTR13

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am using NoLock without any issue also... By chance was this app installed when you did update of did you wipe system? Try uninstalling and reinstalling because I believe that since the update made changes to codes this broke the app for you and removing and reinstalling should resolve.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working great on the OTA Gingerbread. If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't help, it's got to be a conflict with some other app. May not be a new app, just one that doesn't play well with No Lock and GB. Are you running Moto's UI or do you run a different launcher? Mines running LPP, and all is well.

If it were my phone and nothing else fixes it, I'd do a factory reset. That always seems to fix those otherwise PITA issues for me.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working great on the OTA Gingerbread. If the uninstall/reinstall doesn't help, it's got to be a conflict with some other app. May not be a new app, just one that doesn't play well with No Lock and GB. Are you running Moto's UI or do you run a different launcher? Mines running LPP, and all is well.

If it were my phone and nothing else fixes it, I'd do a factory reset. That always seems to fix those otherwise PITA issues for me.

I am using Go Launcher and have as long as I have been using No Lock. It's just recently No Lock is messed up. I hesitate to do a wipe of my phone. Just too much work getting it back to how I have it.

RTR13

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Try using Elixir. It's an app that let's you create a customizable widget with many shortcut options. One of the options is to turn lock off.

The way I use it is if I'm going to be using my phone (i.e. not sitting in my pocket) then I turn the lock off. When you turn the screen on there is no pattern or slide lock. When it's in my pocket for a while, a quick tap on the widget enables the lock again. Works excellent for me.

Thank you, will give it a try!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am using Go Launcher and have as long as I have been using No Lock. It's just recently No Lock is messed up. I hesitate to do a wipe of my phone. Just too much work getting it back to how I have it.

Try deleting Go Launcher (you can probably do a backup from within Go Launcher so you can restore your settings if you go back to it). I wouldn't trust just turning the launcher off...if it were me, I'd delete it for testing purposes. See of No Lock works without that launcher. You can also try out the free version of Launcher Pro or ADW. I understand that No Lock and Go Launcher have worked fine before, but they may not be playing well together on Gingerbread.

Reactions: RTR13