CM7, ICS on the X2?

What will come to the Droid X2?

• Total voters

Kjshearer

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Are there any rumors/confirmations on CM7 coming to the Droid X2?

As for ICS, I sure hope it will come sooner or later...

What do you think???

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like either one of those. I was running the eclipse rom for a while. Now Im running Liberty for a bit. I would love to have CM7 on my X2. Sadly, I dont think the X2 is a very popular phone though. :(

rbellis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I know they were working on a CM7 port for the X2. I read about this somewhere at XDA. And if ICS isn't an official release, I am sure the devs will port a rom for it

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I guess work has since been stopped for the CM7 Port because The DX2 has a locked bootloader. Im not a dev so Im not real sure why that stops them. But thats what I heard last.

rbellis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
from what I have read, it stopped because there are no plans to unlock the boot loader. CM7 is more than just a ROM. It installs a custom kernal. Because the boot loader is is locked, they are not able to install a custom kernal on the X2. They may be working around this and using the standard kernal anf just giving it a CM7 look but that is pretty much what eclipse V1.2. So other than that, I am not sure

fargles

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread ocer at xda about what's going on with CM7. They are working on a work around for our locked bootloader issue. There is also a thread to strait up unlock our bootloader. So it is coming, just taking some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699