Facebook Widget not updating on home screen

elemeno0pee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? The latest status update I am seeing on the Facebook widget is from 6 hours ago. If I go into Facebook, I can clearly see a bunch of status updates between now and 6 hours ago.

I changed my "update interval" from 1 hour, to 30 minutes... but still, 1 hour is a lot less than 6 hours. That still didn't solve the issue anyways.

Has anyone else had this problem and figure it out?

Edit>> I'm actually have a similar problem with the Weather and Flip Clock widget I purchased... it was 11:30am and the clock still said "11:00am" on the widget. Am I missing a setting somewhere that is stopping my widgets from updating?

Edit 2>> Facebook widget just updated on the home screen now... go figure. The second I finally make a post about it. Is it possible I killed whatever needs to run in the background for the widget to update? I did do "KILL selected apps" on EVERYTHING a couple of times with Advanced Task Killer. I'm thinking this might have been my problem. I'm such an Android noob.

Last edited:

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I beleive its a problem with the facebook sync with the device as I did force it to sync my facebook again and then the widget updated. For some reason, the droid is NOT updating or syncing data on a regular basis. When I checked to see when it had last updated with facebook and contacts in the settings, it said yesterday however, the box is checked for auto sync all the time..? Problem or am I missing something.

UPDATE: I just found out that it IS the software on droid. FB updated the way they organize the site over the past 24 hours and it seems to only have an impact on the droid's FB app as it is different from the app version as it is intergrated. Only problem is, the FB app in the store can update as things change, the FB app built into the droid will need a ROM update or something pushed from google or verizon no..?

Last edited:

elemeno0pee

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ditto... mine randomly worked 1 time (I think??) but it hasn't updated again yet. I forced it to sync, and everything updated. Looks like a bug with the widget syncing. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Only for now though. On BB it started out rough too. And after a bunch of updates it's...still pretty rough. Let's hope that with an update this version on the droid will add what we need.

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
they should make emails and notifications from facebook open in the app not on m.facebook.com Now when I need notifications I just use m.facebook now

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
they should make emails and notifications from facebook open in the app not on m.facebook.com Now when I need notifications I just use m.facebook now

i've found i'm doing that more and more.

however, i like touch.facebook.com more than m.facebook

r4736

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat 16hrs no updates to the widget. Hopefully they push down a Facebook update. Moved to this phone from winmo for better FB integration, so this is kinda depressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK