Gmail

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That's the strangest thing I just ran a test on my Gmail and it is also working properly. Don't know about the Facebook issue I don't run the widget just glad to see the email is fixed. Fingers crossed.:D

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
so if I read this right the email app polls every 5 minutes, while the gmail app is instant?

That is correct the email polls and you can set the frequency that it polls. Whereas the Gmail app pushes the email to the phone. The problem some were having was the Gmail was not pushing to the "inbox" it was going to the "all mail" label and no notification was being sent to the recipient. This problem seems to have fixed itself and Gmail is now working properly.

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gotcha,

Is there any way have a combined inbox for several Gmail accounts that push instantly? Just like the good old BB does.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Gotcha,

Is there any way have a combined inbox for several Gmail accounts that push instantly? Just like the good old BB does.

what you could to at least as a workaround is forward your secondary gmail accounts to your primary. add a filter that automatically adds a label to them so you know where they're coming from and that should function basically like a combined inbox. :)

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
So i am having the same problem. I can get emails in mt "Email" app but when i go to the "Gmail" app i get nothing. I can send email from my "Gmail" app just fine and it is instant getting to another email, however no emails come to the "Gmail" app even after i refresh.

The only thing that works is if i go in and change the "sync" on the lables, in the "Gmail" app. After that i get all the email ONE TIME. after that, nothing. I can go in and change the "sync" again (like from 1 day to 2 days. back and forth, again and again). So whenever the "sync" is change i get email one time.

Any ideas?? I unistalled ATK b/c people said that was causing it, but no luck. I closed Sportstap b/c people said that was causing it and again no luck. All my settings are as they should be but still no mail in the "Gmail" app.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

fresh#AC

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I have looked around quite a bit and have not found much info. I am in the market for a new phone, my first smartphone and was wondering if Gtalk on the Droid works similar to BBM for the blackberries. Does Gtalk have "push notification" like BBM does enabling the app to be turned off and still alert you of new messages? Any info on this would be really helpful, thank you.

tStorm

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was having Gmail push issues and searched for a solution.

Just wanted to let others know what I did to fix the issue. If you're not getting email sent to your Gmail app, go to Settings --> Accounts & sync --> Click on your Gmail account --> Un-check the box that says Sync Gmail, then check it again...

After I did that, I started receiving emails within 2-4 seconds from sending.

anon(2088)

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I have two gmail (personal, work) accounts setup and shortcuts to each of the inbox's on my home screen. I then set a custom ringtone for each gmail account, therefore when I get notified I know which inbox to look at... I have a third account (yahoo) setup in my email app which gets polled every 5 minutes when I'm not on wifi (bug). I only get one notification when either or both of my gmail accounts gets new mail in the title bar. There is an app for that (sorry, couldn't resist). There are 3rd party apps that display the number of unread messages in shorcuts on your home screen.

doll

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
To tr3x86 thank you for this suggestion. I tried this and it DOES work as far as immediately sending me an email notification, however, I have to KEEP doing it. I had several people send me emails to test and see if the new email notification would work after its initial success(with uncheck and rechecking sync box) and it did not. Is there any trick to this working consistently? Do you have to keep unchecking the sync box to receive new email notification?

thanks

jes

p.s. for anyone else that may be able to help:

I do not have the email app set up. I only use the Gmail, which was set up at time of purchase and I only have one gmail account. I can get new emails if I hit refresh, but I would like to get the instant notification if possible. I do not have any task killer apps at all.

Last edited:

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna take a guess at this....

Try setting / accounts & sync / amd select auto-sync "on".

I DON't have mine set to auto-sync as I think this may use battery too much (please someone inform me if auto-sync drains battery). I DO get me gmails pushed rather quickly with NOT on auto-symc. However, perhaps your issue would be improved with the setting on. Give it a try.

doll

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
My sync is set to on. Interestingly though, i was downloading a mp3 earlier and had to turn on my wifi to speed up the download. Within seconds, i started getting email notifications. SO i did a test by turning the wifi back off and sending myself emails. Notification stopped working. So as long as the wifi is around (in my house) im in business. In my car though, or anywhere else without wifi i guess i will be out of luck. so strange! (i am very daft when it comes to computer savviness so someone let me know if I should have had my wifi on constantly all along!)