09-05-2010 05:35 PM
179 ... 5678
tools
    My wife just got it on my old Droid at about 9:45. I have been playing with her phone. No flash yet, wasn't a big fan of it when I was rooted though
    Flash has to be DLed, but once you do that, it works and runs flawless. I did the manual up date
    Verison: 2.2
    Build: FRG01B
    08-20-2010 01:22 PM
    Flash has to be DLed, but once you do that, it works and runs flawless. I did the manual up date
    Verison: 2.2
    Build: FRG01B
    What do you mean by Flash has to be DLed? :o
    08-20-2010 02:24 PM
    Based on some of the more recent posts on this thread, the latest OTA update is FRG01B - is that right? So, if I manually installed FRG01B a couple of weeks ago when it was posted on AC, I'm not going to get any new update?
    Anybody? Just looking for a bit of confirmation
    08-21-2010 02:48 PM
    ^yes you are NOT going get an update.....yet
    seanubis likes this.
    08-21-2010 04:50 PM
    @WAM - thanks!
    08-21-2010 05:59 PM
    I had dinner with a guy last night who said something was automatically updated on his Droid. He is not a power user, so I checked and his system was upgraded to 2.2.....he had no idea what I was talking about.
    08-21-2010 08:59 PM
    Wow!great~
    08-22-2010 09:21 PM
    I got my OTA update Saturday AM. Went on without a hitch.

So far, kinda disappointed with Froyo. Phone doesnt seem any faster. Web browser is def NOT overall faster. That was the thing i was looking forward most to.

Revamped launcher is ok. Battery seems to be doing a little better even. Especially when GPS is working, so that's good.

Everything else so far seems minor and overall neither better or worse then what 2.1 was all about.

Maybe the Droid is a little too outdated to benefit from all the supposed under the hood improvements of Froyo.
    08-23-2010 11:48 AM
    I just got the update one hour ago.
    08-23-2010 04:06 PM
    What do you mean by Flash has to be DLed? :o
    I believe he meant downloaded from the market. Or the APK file.

Either or
    08-24-2010 07:42 AM
    Anyone notice that the ringer cannot be set completely off, with the volume buttons, any longer with Froyo? It will only go as low as vibrate . The only way I see to do it now is holding the power button and choosing "Silent Mode".

Thoughts?
    08-24-2010 06:22 PM
    Anyone notice that the ringer cannot be set completely off, with the volume buttons, any longer with Froyo? It will only go as low as vibrate . The only way I see to do it now is holding the power button and choosing "Silent Mode".

Thoughts?
    Yea - just noticing that now that you said it. Ive only had to shut phone ringer off once since update and i guess i just didnt notice it was on vibrate. Doesnt bother me too much other than the fact it doesnt make much sense. ( UI refinements that seem like a step backwards is a pet peeve ).
    08-26-2010 08:03 AM
    Anyone have any word on the FRG22 build rolling out?
    08-26-2010 02:21 PM
    Yea - just noticing that now that you said it. Ive only had to shut phone ringer off once since update and i guess i just didnt notice it was on vibrate. Doesnt bother me too much other than the fact it doesnt make much sense. ( UI refinements that seem like a step backwards is a pet peeve ).
    I use a free app called "ring toggle" that lets me set my phone to "silent mode", among other things.

Note: I'm not affiliated to "ring toggle" in any way, other than being a user.
    08-26-2010 02:37 PM
    Ever since updating to 2.2, my Droid's home screen has a HUGE lag before popping up. This happens whenever I change the orientation of the screen from landscape to portrait, or vice versa, or even just unlocking the phone. Anyone else having issues with this? All I see is the wallpaper for a good 5 seconds, when on 2.1 is was extremely fast. Any suggestions? If no one else is having this issue, I guess it may be one of the widgets. Thanks.
    08-26-2010 04:35 PM
    My understanding is that the Droid must reload all the widgets to the home screen every time you change the orientation. You can delete the widgets one by one and turn it to see which one is causing the problem, and perhaps you could move that widget to one of the other screens (Actually, I don't know if that will work because I don't know if the widgets are all loaded every time, even on the screens that don't show.)
    08-27-2010 01:04 PM
    What! Your home screen rotates. Mine hasn't from day one with 2.1 or now with2.2. Auto rotate screen checked, works with everything else but not on home screen. Am I missing a setting?
    08-27-2010 02:27 PM
    What! Your home screen rotates. Mine hasn't from day one with 2.1 or now with2.2. Auto rotate screen checked, works with everything else but not on home screen. Am I missing a setting?
    My home screen rotates -- always has -- with the keyboard open.
    08-27-2010 04:52 PM
    Ever since updating to 2.2, my Droid's home screen has a HUGE lag before popping up. This happens whenever I change the orientation of the screen from landscape to portrait, or vice versa, or even just unlocking the phone. Anyone else having issues with this? All I see is the wallpaper for a good 5 seconds, when on 2.1 is was extremely fast. Any suggestions? If no one else is having this issue, I guess it may be one of the widgets. Thanks.
    Mine too! I thought I was the only one because I hadn't read of anyone else having the problem til now. I'm afraid one day the screen is gonna go blank and not come back. I didn't have this problem with 2.1 either. Hopefully everything will be ok.
    08-28-2010 02:18 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing since the update. Not only that but I have had to do 2 battery pulls since the update.

The first one cause the phone froze when I was using the keyboard. The second one because Pandora and Slacker both stopped working on my phone.

2.2 is ticking me off.
    08-28-2010 02:43 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing since the update. Not only that but I have had to do 2 battery pulls since the update.

The first one cause the phone froze when I was using the keyboard. The second one because Pandora and Slacker both stopped working on my phone.

2.2 is ticking me off.
    Mine too! I thought I was the only one because I hadn't read of anyone else having the problem til now. I'm afraid one day the screen is gonna go blank and not come back. I didn't have this problem with 2.1 either. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Just perform a factory reset. That is what fixed mine and countless others.
    08-29-2010 08:49 AM
    Factory reset? Oh man is that really what I'm gonna have to do? I wouldn't mind if this were a blackberry and I could use DM to put all my data back! Let me look through the forums for the proper or best way to back my phone up!
    08-29-2010 12:51 PM
    Factory reset? Oh man is that really what I'm gonna have to do? I wouldn't mind if this were a blackberry and I could use DM to put all my data back! Let me look through the forums for the proper or best way to back my phone up!
    pretty sure your phone does that automatically, yea you'll lose some texts but nothing on your sd card and your apps and contacts come back in froyo
    08-29-2010 02:04 PM
    i drifted here because 2.2 sux and now i (the customer) have to fix it. ;(
    08-29-2010 10:09 PM
    No need. Your phone does it automatically!

All your apps? In the market under downloads.

All your SD card contents? Left untouched.

The only thing you will miss is the texts and call log.
    08-30-2010 08:15 AM
179 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD