Did factory reset but stuck on 2.2

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to get my phone back to stock condition so I can get the OTA updates.

I've got clockworkmod installed. Even factory reset doesn't get rid of that.

I tried factory reset but it's still on 2.2

I've searched everywhere, including here, and can't find the way to reset this to 2.01 (what it was when I bought it.)

What do I need to do to get my phone back into factory condition?

Last edited:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
A factory reset just clears off all of the user info (apps, settings, contacts,etc) but still leaves you on whatever OS and recovery you had. There should be an option to install Stock 2.0.1 under Download Rom, Stock Images.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
A factory reset just clears off all of the user info (apps, settings, contacts,etc) but still leaves you on whatever OS and recovery you had. There should be an option to install Stock 2.0.1 under Download Rom, Stock Images.

Unfortunately, that option to go back to stock 2.01 in rom manager doesn't work.

You have to flash back to 2.01 using rsd lite and the sbf file.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, you're right. Got bored last night and decided to see how hard it was to sbf back to 2.0.1 and it was surprisingly easy. Took maybe 5 min to flash back to stock. Do note that you'll need to manually update to 2.1 if you don't want to go back to Froyo since the OTA update will take it straight from 2.0.1 to 2.2. That said, I've been running the stock FRG01B OTA with no issues for about 12 hours now. I'm guessing most of the issues can be attributed to app conflicts, corrupt user data, or a corrupt download/install.