"download unsuccessful" after 2.2 update

toolfreak941

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, super pissed right now. I have a Moto Droid. I recently updated the OS to 2.2. This was the last update I was able to dl and install. Every update and new app gets "Download unsuccessful" from the Market. I have tried every "fix" I can find on this and other fora, to no avail. I now own an app-less Droid. Might as well have a flip phone now. Is there any reliable fix for this, or does Google even care? I have cleared all caches and data, I have uninstalled all of my apps one at a time. I have reformatted and replaced my SD card. I have performed a hard reset. I have created a new Gmail account. I can get into Talk. I have spun around in a counter-clockwise direction with the Droid between my knees while throwing salt over my shoulder screaming "demons begone"!!! Is this phone forever screwed or what?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well if you got an ota I doubt it was the wrong version but take it into a store and show then what's going on. You can also try to sbf your phone to frg01 just to see if that fixes it

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem with some of my apps, not all of them. Root your droid. I hated 2.2, shot by battery in 12 hours compared to 2.1 which would last almost 48 hrs (36 was more the average), and of course the app issue. I went back to 2.1 then rerooted and put bugless beast v0.4 in. Back to 36-48 hrs on battery life and 0 problems with apps downloading or auto updating.

PS If you haven't rooted your phone before, east root is about the most rediculously easy way to do it. Took all of about 3 minutes to re-do mine.