HTC Desire or Motorola Milestone (Droid)?

BMBiehler

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
On Black Friday I have the opportunity to Upgrade, for free, from my Blackberry Tour to either the HTC Desire or the Motorola Milestone, which is the same thing as a Motorola DROID. This is my first Android so I just need to know which is better. Another option would be to Wait till the first of the year and pay some money and then have a choice of the Motorola Milestone 2 (DROID 2) or the Milestone X (DROID X). Any advice would be good.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would wait for the Milestone 2 or the Milestone X. They are newer devices with powerful internals and will most likely be supported by the provider for a longer period from this point on.

If you do not want to wait, i would suggest the Desire. The Milestone is on its last leg out the door and will be behind the curve with OS updates and also the hardware is somewhat outdated. Don't get me wrong, the Milestone (the droid) was king back in its day but right now it is just barely keeping up with it's processor (stock) 550 Mghz.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I was somewhat wondering the same thing... as I'm looking to get something that can go undetected on AT&T... Desire or Milestone (both Telus, unlocked) would be great... But just not sure I'd want to pull the trigger on a Milestone this late in the game... Desire would be great, but still way overpriced IMO for what people are asking for them...