Post All Droid 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyRogue

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Why are people saying that the update is not coming this week? All I'm reading from that Motorola forum is that the details were prematurely leaked. They say nothing about the actual update not being released this week.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Why are people saying that the update is not coming this week? All I'm reading from that Motorola forum is that the details were prematurely leaked. They say nothing about the actual update not being released this week.
Yesterday, the Motorola Facebook site posted this:
Motorola Hi all-- we know you are frustrated with the lack of details regarding Android software upgrades and we sincerely apologize for not being able to share info sooner. We're happy to relay the 2.1 upgrade to DROID will start to roll out this week, and we will have more information to share on other device upgrades later this week as well. Thanks for your patience and continued support.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So I guess we have an answer to the question "what's worse than having to wait for an official update" (especially one that included pinch zoom, better battery life etc...) and that is being told it's coming this week and then 2 days later being told NEVERMIND!!!!

That stinks! Total BS....

A855

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I Totally agree man baloney :mad: i am really geting fed up with moto / verizon, i am still happy with my droid but i honestly think i will get the nexus one:eek: when it hits verizion sad to say... and if it junk switch back to my droid:cool: 2.1 Better get here so0n!!

EaglesFANdroidPHAN

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I told you guys from the beginning. ...anyways the truth is Motorola pushed it to VZW...Vzw failed it , while motorola jumped the gun...lol silly moto, their fault not vzw. Vzw sent it back with notes and hopefully they get it right and wait for vzw to pass it before they let notes and post fly...motor needs to apologize and admit they jumped the gun.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I told you guys from the beginning. ...anyways the truth is Motorola pushed it to VZW...Vzw failed it , while motorola jumped the gun...lol silly moto, their fault not vzw. Vzw sent it back with notes and hopefully they get it right and wait for vzw to pass it before they let notes and post fly...motor needs to apologize and admit they jumped the gun.

That's highly likely what happened. Verizon is incredibly rigorous with their testing policies.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Verizon always turns down upgrades provided by the manufacturer. if anyone should know that, it would be old Blackberry users. Its all so they won't have to deal with customers coming in and complaining about broken phones due to the update and demanding a replacement. So of course they are going to ensure a very stable OS that still gives Big Red enough control (blocking out things like bluetooth and usb tethering).

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
OTA timeline:

Google>Moto(tweaks and testing)>Verizon(testing and rejecting)>...>Moto (final tweaks)>Verizon(accepting)>Verizon(holding out till new phone launch)>OTA release.

anon(4712533)

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Well if Big Red is really getting in the way then we are screwed cause it will be like 5.0 OS and the Storm, the OS didnt get released till a week before Storm 2 was released. So Maybe we are going to have to wait till the Droid 2 is released.

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
that just ight be
well they have us all by the short hairs especially with there new system on how they want us to pay big bucks to change out to any other phone befor your contract is up

marcch

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
The Unlocked HTC Hero was supposed to get the 2.1 Update by Mid Feb... I don't think that'll happen.
The update will be for mid march.... and to Android 2.1

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
All 2.1 speculation threads have been merged together. Please do not start any others as it's giving me a moderate headache, and I will have to close them.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
My guess is the OTA starts tonight with only a select few, and continues through next week, like the last update.

No OTA yet......

Status
Not open for further replies.