Anyone else HATE the led charging light

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
So i love the LED notifacation light , but my god , why oh why would you put a white LED light near the charge port, its drives me nuts at night, plug the phone into charge at night , and my entire room is lit up by a white light .... NO FUN lol , any one thing there should be an app for root users or a way to turn this light off while charging?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
lol people be nice , haha , and heres the thing tho , even if you turn it away in a pitch black room at night , it lights the entire fing room up drives me crazy , there has to be a way via root to disable it.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
you guys must have super sensitive eyes, the light does exist but lighting up the room? For me doesn't even come close, all i have to do is turn the phone the other way so the light isn't facing me and it's a non factor. While there may be a way to disable with a modified rom, there are so many solutions... just place a damn cloth over it if it really bothers you.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The multimedia dock does take care of this issue but its still too bright itself.

Some nights I even turn the screen off even while its in the dock..

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Lol yeah I find it annoying myself and kind of wish it wasn't there. However the reason for it is to let you know when it is in the process of/finished charging. When the phone is fully charged the light goes off.

INDROIDWETRUST

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I happen to like the charging light. Gives the Droid some character. What would be cool if that light turned red to indicate a low battery charge :)

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I happen to like the charging light. Gives the Droid some character. What would be cool if that light turned red to indicate a low battery charge :)

Lol what would be cool is if it sensed that the room was dark and you were wanting to plug it in to be charged so it cut the light on so you could see that dang charging port with zero ambiant light THEN had a red light for low, yellow light for medium, and green light for full charge lol. :D

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'd be all over that. I like the light and was also surprised to see it the first time I plugged it in. Gave me a sense of security that it was plugged in correctly.

engourdi

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I can't stand the light when the phone is charging. My solution is to put a towel over the phone for the night. I have went to the point of opening all my electronics in the room and covering or disconnecting every light. Maybe an overkill but I like my room dark at night.

nerdbox08

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a cool feature. It let's me know when my phone is properly hooked to the cord and charging without looking at the phone. Besides my wife sleeps with the tv on so the light is flooded out. QQ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699