Factory reset to rid of setup Gmail acct..lucky me! Help w MyBackup??

aLackey9

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Sooo looking forward to this..

I've done pretty well getting around on my Droid on my own, but when I can't find the info to answer my questions in black/white..I know I'm in over my head. Definitely still classified as a novice and know when to ask for help.

Apparently need to do a factory restore to get rid of the Gmail acct Verizon associate set up my phone with.

I had installed (and used) the trial version of MyBackup. I know I need to upgrade to the pro version to be able to restore from the web.

Here's the question: On the MyBackup site (on their FAQ) it says that you will use the gmail acct name and some pin numb to identify yourself and restore your data. Now where does that leave *me* if I am not using that gmail acct anymore?? Can I just use it to access the data and there won't be any problems restoring it once I reset phone w different gmail acct?

Thanks,

Amanda

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
try using lookout to back up your numbers and all. You can use astro to back up your apps. But know that if you restore app from astro or a backup place you may not get the updates for them b/c they wont be under your downloads in the market. I use lookout to back up my numbers an you can use any email address you want for your log in. If i have confuse you just pm me.