One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

.621 is not rootable for the moment. You cannot SBF back to an earlier release. You're stuck unfortunately until somebody finds a way to root .621. Sorry :(

So... Is rooting the DX end-of-life'd? .621 has been out fot MONTHS without being rooted, whereas, for example, iOS 6 beta was out for mere days before being jailbroke.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Just pulled the old Droid X out of the drawer hoping to give it some CM7 love since I am more comfortable rooting than I was when it was my DD and I find that Verizon has screwed me again.:mad:

I hope that a non-Linux method becomes available but it's not looking too promising. I am so glad I went with the Galaxy Nexus after the X and will never go to a non-Nexus phone again.

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

For those of you stuck on .621 head on over to RootzWiki for the root method. It's a Linux LiveCD/FlashDrive so you don't have to do anything permanent to your computer.

Reactions: nmDXaddict

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

For those of you stuck on .621 head on over to RootzWiki for the root method. It's a Linux LiveCD/FlashDrive so you don't have to do anything permanent to your computer.

Thanks for the idea of heading over there. Rooting noob but the method was easy as easy can be. Now I'm rooted and need to look for some roms to flash.

tannenfolletti

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I signed up here so I could get the links and follow these steps to root my phone but all the root files have been removed. I do have the 621 though and not 602. So maybe it would have messed my phone up if I tried it.

Squishyishy

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Okay, Hey guys.

I'm gonna bomb an evening and say i have no clue wth I'm doing here, with this phone, right now.

My thoughts were, root? I got this. Now I'm like, everything outdated or i can't understand it.

I factory reset my Droidx 2.3.3 just now, I'm trying to install a simple root for screenshots etc, small things. Or increased battery life, as mine lasts about 5 hours. Can anyone speak english to me for a few minutes? Either so or Add me on facebook and help me out? Or this, it's whatever floats the boat of the android community. Help will be highly appreciated at this point. Thankyou guys c:

Edit: I won't be on this site, for i only have Facebook messenger on my phone since the factory reset. If anyone can help, Send me a message at mah facebook. (Email being) 'degenerousrose@hotmail.com' or just send me an email there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non