[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.5

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i have even tried to use rsd lite and flash the 604 version , and it keeps getting to 100% and then saying fail. so i went to verizon today and they tried to flash it , and im still stuck at the M , i have no idea whats wrong . i wonder why i cannot use the sbf ?

edit: mu bootloader says 30.03 so i guess by me taking the phone to verizon to try to fix , it changed the boot loader . . any help?

I was prior: 2.2 OTA, rooted.

I used ROM Manager to find it, DL'd, and did the 'wipe cache' when it popped up during install. Simple easy for for me using ROM Manager.

Now I need to figure out how to get the galaxy X theme running :(

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I was prior: 2.2 OTA, rooted.

I used ROM Manager to find it, DL'd, and did the 'wipe cache' when it popped up during install. Simple easy for for me using ROM Manager.

Now I need to figure out how to get the galaxy X theme running :(

i cant explain how crazy my day was yesterday. Sat night (after my gators lost) I tried messing with my phone some. I started out the day with Leaked 2.2(2.3.9) , flyx , gala x 1.6 , blackmodz, beesleys build props , rooted of course.
I tried to upgrade to the 2.3.15 leaked from TBH . Phone got locked in the M logo. Tried everything i knew how to do . Ended up taking the phone to verizon sunday afternoon . They put it on their machine to flash it back to 2.1 . Remember i was on leaked so that was totally ok to try . Well guy said "I cant get it off the bootloader screen" . I took phone home to try to fix it myself.
I noticed that my bootloader version was 30.03. so i thought i need to flash 2.2 system file from TBH . I got some errors after that so i read up on alldroid forums . Someone said to try the 2.1 sbf . I thought what the hell , i will have a new phone tuesday .
BINGO!! I got the droid eye(AND HOW PRETTY IT WAS ) after not seeing it for 18 hours. Phone booted up , i cleared the cache , i did factory restore , and my droid x was running 2.1 update 1 .
So since i had the 2.2 sbf(from TBH ) and rsd 4.8 i figured lets go ahead and put official 2.2 (i think the sbf will get me back to 2.3.13) All i want to do is theme , for black bar , maybe fly x again.
So now i am rooted (Silentkilll thank you ) with 1 click root , and about to deodex so i can get the blackbar. I do believe you have to be deodexed to get the black bar.But crazy , crazy day.

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
**UPDATE**
Over an hour and nothing stuck on RubiX. I went ahead and pulled the battery and still stuck on RubiX. Dang it I like .3 and was hoping .5 would be equally as good. I guess I will need to start from scratch AGAIN. Any ideas?

How long should the first boot last? I am going on 30 minutes. Any ideas?

Last edited:

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
**UPDATE**
Over an hour and nothing stuck on RubiX. I went ahead and pulled the battery and still stuck on RubiX. Dang it I like .3 and was hoping .5 would be equally as good. I guess I will need to start from scratch AGAIN. Any ideas?

How long should the first boot last? I am going on 30 minutes. Any ideas?

did you create a nandroid back up? did you use ROM manager to try rubix? if so did you create a backup?

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
did you create a nandroid back up? did you use ROM manager to try rubix? if so did you create a backup?

Appears the problem is my battery died during the process. Ugh!

Heading to VZW to get it charged and then back to use RSDLite to install the original sbf file. This sucks.

Lesson to all make sure your battery is charged. Triple check it even if you think you had charged it over night.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Appears the problem is my battery died during the process. Ugh!

Heading to VZW to get it charged and then back to use RSDLite to install the original sbf file. This sucks.

Lesson to all make sure your battery is charged. Triple check it even if you think you had charged it over night.

I forgot to mention it, but my battery was dead when I tried to get into bootloader when I unbricked. What I did was take an old USB to Blackberry Pearl data cable, cut it at the phone end, stripped it, separated the red and black, then stripped those so the actual wire was exposed. I pulled the DX battery, went out to my car, plugged the USB end into my charger adapter and manually held the positive and negative wire ends against the corresponding copper charger points on the battery (they are clearly marked) for about 15 minutes. Voila - Back in business. The funny part was that this was like super-charging or something. The battery went from stone dead to a 20% charge in 2.1 when I rebooted.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention it, but my battery was dead when I tried to get into bootloader when I unbricked. What I did was take an old USB to Blackberry Pearl data cable, cut it at the phone end, stripped it, separated the red and black, then stripped those so the actual wire was exposed. I pulled the DX battery, went out to my car, plugged the USB end into my charger adapter and manually held the positive and negative wire ends against the corresponding copper charger points on the battery (they are clearly marked) for about 15 minutes. Voila - Back in business. The funny part was that this was like super-charging or something. The battery went from stone dead to a 20% charge in 2.1 when I rebooted.

man , where did you learn that nifty little trick? i just have an extra battery that i keep charged up.

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Could not get out of the endless bootloader loop. Bricked my phone but luckily was able to get VZW to send me a new one and will arrive tomorrow.

I loved the .3 RubiX and really want to apply this one but really gun shy now.

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Now that we estabalished how NOT to flash a Droid X. Here is my thinking correct me when wrong please.

Get the new one up and running. Make sure battery is fully charged (HIGHLY IMPORTANT)
Make sure OS is updated.
Root
Install bootstrap program.
Follow the install instructions on how to install RubiX 0.5

Sound about right?

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i think it's just the aosp client - you should be able to pull it out of the rom..
I actually prefer the blur email client myself.
I guess just because I'm used to it.

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow, after bricking my phone and lucky to get a new replacement I have successfully installed this ROM.

So far RubiX is the best ROM I have came a crossed. Once I rooted the new device and installed ROM Manager I found the new .5 in the download section and let ROM Manager have the honors.

Works great.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
unzip the rom, go into systems, app. pull out googleemail.apk
upload it to system, app on your phone.. set permissions appropriately.
use root explorer.

Iven88

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ok so i got it to start installing but its been in the "Installing update" for like an hour and a half now.... not good i'm guessing?
EDIT: yep bricked the f*** out of my phone.

Last edited:

Iven88

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok how does SBF work? I tried running RSD lite and the new 2.2 sbf... it just gets stuck in the SW update in progress screen. when i pulll the battery it comes up with code corrupt and battery low message. The thing is on my charger!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress