I need some education.

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Droid X for some time now, and I would like to learn about ROMs. I want to make sure that I know what I'm doing, before I brick my phone. Can anyone direct me to a website that can tell me what I need to know/should know, before I start messing with my phone?

Thanks....

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry.....disregard this. I see the links at the top, that should help. Now if I just saw the "how to remove my stupid post" button.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry.....disregard this. I see the links at the top, that should help. Now if I just saw the "how to remove my stupid post" button.

LOL :D , I was about to say that you at the best place for information on any subject on your device... :p

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So I've downloaded 2 ROMs. The ApeX ROM and the LivertyX ROM, however the videos on how to install them, are a bit unclear. I did pay for, and install ROM Manager, and I can see how to easily download one of the ROMs from the list that it offers, but neither of the ones that I want are there. So again....I have downloaded, and unzipped the two ROMs. Can someone help me from here? The LibertyX ROM has 6 folders, and 2 individual files. Do I copy all of this to my sd card? Do I put it at the root of the sd card, or can I combine it into a folder? Can I install the ROM, using ROM Manager (I assume so)?

Any other advice would be appreciated. BTW....I also have Titanium Backup, and have backed up all apps/settings.

Thanks for the help.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Don't unzip the folder. Place it on your sd card zipped. Power off the phone. Hold the home button while pressing the power button to start boot recovery mode. When the screen with the exclamation comes on press the search button on your phone. (Magnifying button on the bottom of your phone) Use the volume keys to scroll to the sd card and select the zip folder of the rom you want. Use the camera button to make your selections. Before installing the rom make a backup on the same screen that boots up.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter where on the sd card the zip file is just make sure you remember where you placed it when you go into boot recovery mode.

EDIT: ApeX is on that list. Not sure if liberty is yet but it should be there. Those are all roms that will work with the DX.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't unzip the folder. Place it on your sd card zipped. Power off the phone. Hold the home button while pressing the power button to start boot recovery mode. When the screen with the exclamation comes on press the search button on your phone. (Magnifying button on the bottom of your phone) Use the volume keys to scroll to the sd card and select the zip folder of the rom you want. Use the camera button to make your selections. Before installing the rom make a backup on the same screen that boots up.

Isnt this the way to enter stock recovery but don't they need to Bootstrap recovery? Just power down ans then turn back on should open Bootstrap recovery if it is installed >> Backup and Restore >> Restore >> (Backup file name)

Use volume buttons to highlight option and the camera button to select.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Isnt this the way to enter stock recovery but don't they need to Bootstrap recovery? Just power down ans then turn back on should open Bootstrap recovery if it is installed >> Backup and Restore >> Restore >> (Backup file name)

Use volume buttons to highlight option and the camera button to select.

You're right.... sorry about that. Open bootstraps app and click on bootstrap recovery..... it will take you to the boot screen.