[ROM] Incredibly Re-EngineeredX v1.00 [01-17-11]

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Like the rom? Rate the thread and thank me! =)

inc_re-eng_green.png

snap20110117_160450.png

This Rom is tested and supported on only 320/340 Droid X?s.

Features
  • This Rom is Based on Liberty v1.0 (huge thanks to kejar31 and jrummy16 for making an awesome rom!)
  • Rebuilt 95% of the APK's removing all other language localization files except English(This thing is FAST FAST FAST FAST FAST!)
  • Reboot in Power Menu
  • Blurless
  • Custom animations by aamikam
  • Custom Theme similar to my Sense Rom on the Incredible(click on the logo in my sig to check it out)
  • Launcher2 with increased snap velocity
  • all of kejar and jrummy16's toolbox mods (these things are amazing. dont know how you put that together but huge huge ups)
  • AOSP Lockscreen w/ option of Rotary
  • Custom Themed Gingerbread Keyboard to match the theme
  • Sense like icons in app drawer
  • Themed Power Control Widgets
  • A Few Gingerbread Elements in the Theme
  • 10% Battery Increments
  • Themed Gmail
  • Removed a ton of bloat. This Rom is stripped down to the bare minimum. (Please dont ask me for the apps) You can download Liberty and pull the ones you want
  • Kejar's Liberty Toolbox
  • Themed Settings Icons
  • Black Gingerbread Menus
  • Themed Gmaps (no more orange highlights)
  • Removed USB Debugging and Alarm Clock from Statusbar
  • Probably more that im forgetting...

Included Apps
  • Spare Parts
  • Liberty Toolbox (Thanks jrummy16 and kejar31!)
  • Terminal Emulator (Thanks jrummy16 and kejar31!)

Changelog

January 17th:
  • Initial Release- v1.00

Disclaimer
Please remember that I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to you phone. Except of course making it well, Incredible. =)

A Full Wipe is REQUIRED before flashing this rom. If you choose not to do this (for who knows what reason) please do not post any problems you are having!

Please report any issues so i can continue to improve this rom.

Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts and hold on as this rom is about to take you on the ride of your life... Enjoy!

Downloads

Incredible Re-EngineeredX v1.00
Alternate Links

Previous Versions

Note: If i forgot to mention ANYONE please please please send me a PM letting me know. I'm not trying steal credit from anyone. Thanks guys!

Please note that because all apks and images have be optimized for maximum efficiency, themeing carelessly will break these optimizations

Reactions: gcims

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i'm confused. how is this different than liberty?

read the OP and maybe youll see. all of the APK's were rebuilt and optimized. i removed all of the unnecessary language files except english. what this does is use up less ram and overall makes for a better/faster user experience.

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
if anyone here think i just themed liberty go unzip both of the roms and compare the sizes of the apks. youll see the differences..

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
all of the APK's were rebuilt and optimized.

Isn't that what liberty did?

"95% of all the apps were built from source.... rather than decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!! And it shows in pure speed!!!!"

...Could you explain what the difference is between what you did vs what Liberty did? ... is it anything special or did you just remove the different languages?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
This rom's threads have been closed/locked in several other forums including xda and androidforums.

Lol. Sounds like someone deleted some stuff from another rom and someone is mad and locked them up. Now you make me want to check the other forums.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Jrummy wants all posts locked on this as stated in xda and android fourms. He was upset nobody asked him and now people with issues on this are coming to him. I'd lock but I don't have the power. I got a cool icon and title though :)

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Jrummy wants all posts locked on this as stated in xda and android fourms. He was upset nobody asked him and now people with issues on this are coming to him. I'd lock but I don't have the power. I got a cool icon and title though :)

i had asked the mods to delete the threads bc i didnt want to put up with the bs.. they wernt just closed or locked. i specifically asked the mods to do so to prevent further issues. please dont ask me whats different or why you should use this. if you want to try it. by any means try it. if not. well then pelase dont complain to me. that really accomplishes nothing. im not going to stop improving this rom b/c my gf has dx and i absolutely hated her phone before i put this on it and now i actually like her phone. with that said. if you dont think this is faster than liberty download it yourself and youll see..

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
When the creators of liberty state you didn't ask first its not taken as a cool move that's all. Alot of roms share the same stuff and you did give credit to everyone but I see why they could be upset.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Well the point here is that Liberty is something he put time and effort into. The toolbox being one of them. This community as a whole respects the developers that create these things. I can say that I would be pissed too. But at the same time putting something like this (Liberty) out there that was so successful you have to understand that things like this will happen.

In essence what should have happened here was the OP should have contacted Rummy asking, which I am sure he would have said, "Sure! Just credit me"

Its all about respect. If I took someones code to write something then call it better then theirs and in the process never asked to use it in the first place I would get jumped on too.

Lessons Learned. It doesnt matter if what you put together is faster than liberty. Liberty works and as far as I know its all original except for a few things borrowed (the right way). Its pretty much Liberty with a new theme and some stuff removed that doesnt really effect over all functionality. Which might be ideal for some folks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89