(Theme) Apex 1.4.0

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
So I don't keep hijacking the apex thread I will start this one. I will post some screen caps and the dl links. Feel free to make requests and if I can do it Ill give it a shot.

This first post will be for everything for Blue Apex. I will have a few changes to it to get to your liking.

First up is the Blue Apex for 1.4.x. The install is simple for this.
Just DL the link. Drop on SD card. Boot into recovery with bootstrapper and install the zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03IGSSQ2 - Flash zip in recovery
The above file has the circle battery with the % in the center.
ApexBlue140.jpg

Here I got the sliders changed. These are the stock android sliders but in blue.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LQST516C - Flash zip in recovery
aefc1ae5-5311-68a3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnly and geezy85

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Blue Boot Animation. I reworked this one to make it blue and added the glowing android tex. Resized to fit the X. Drop in data/local or system/media. Rename your boot to bootanimation.bak to save it if this is not for you.

Blue icon pack. Worked the gingerbread icons to blue. Drop folder on sd. Using adw make a shortcut and swap the icon for the blue ones.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7Z8IGYGM
CAP201102171946.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2LU7ZTWY
49.png

Apex Rom M Logo Replacement
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
APEX.jpg

Last edited:

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all of your hard work. Really good stuff!

Got the theme loaded with no issues however, the icons are still Apex default (or green) is there a way to ge the blue ones? If not no big deal the theme is still great.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Thanks again for all of your hard work. Really good stuff!

Got the theme loaded with no issues however, the icons are still Apex default (or green) is there a way to ge the blue ones? If not no big deal the theme is still great.

What one did you load? Also did you try any of the mods to framework in the apex tool box. Not sure why some wont change. I ran both the framework updates in the toolbox then ran mine with no issues. Let me know. Also when you pasted my framework did you check all permissions for user to read write and execute before rebooting?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
this looks great but unfortunately i just bricked my phone in the process of adding it so i might give it a go after i reflash my phone

This is not good. When you overwrite the file did you change the permissions? Making these into zips to install in recovery. Hope that makes it easier and better.

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
TNT, I'm still having problems with my icons not changing over to the blue ones as seen on Fab's Apex thread on DroidForums. See my screenshot below.
f39fz6.png

I absolutely love this theme! But wish I could get the icons to go with it. BTW, I've tried changing the permissions to what they were originally set at (before I copied the new framework.apk), to what Debian Dog suggested and the permissions that you mentioned above. Everything works with my ROM and theme, no bugs etc. Just wondering what else I can try to get the blue icons.

I really appreciate all of your hard work you put into this and the help that you provide this forum!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
What icons. Looks like all the ones up top are right. Do you mean the app icons? Maybe I had a theme for adw then. The app icons wont change.

tinmannick

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that, I meant the app icons. They are blue in the Revolution Blue Theme, I thought this was the same thing. You made the Revo Blue right?

Anyway, thanks for your help, really like the theme. :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Sorry about that, I meant the app icons. They are blue in the Revolution Blue Theme, I thought this was the same thing. You made the Revo Blue right?

yes i put that together. Some apps were blue but with this I just did the framework. im glad you like the theme :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

You gave me a idea! Im working the gingerbread icons and will have up for download a blue pack. Thanks for the idea.

DenverCZBob

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Zip File?

This is not good. When you overwrite the file did you change the permissions? Making these into zips to install in recovery. Hope that makes it easier and better.

I'll be checking this out for sure when you get it in zip mode. :cool:

Thanks,

-bob

geezy85

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am pretty new to rooting and roms..but I've spents several days debating to root or not. Finally rooted. Started using Apex and everything was going great! I loved (yes past tense) my new rooted DX. I followed the instructions you laid out for the framework -- double checking my permissions as well. Once I rebooted I have been stuck with the Apex Load name flashing at me for the past 15 minutes. I have no idea what to do.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Hi I am pretty new to rooting and roms..but I've spents several days debating to root or not. Finally rooted. Started using Apex and everything was going great! I loved (yes past tense) my new rooted DX. I followed the instructions you laid out for the framework -- double checking my permissions as well. Once I rebooted I have been stuck with the Apex Load name flashing at me for the past 15 minutes. I have no idea what to do.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When flashing something it will keep playing the boot animation for a bit. Maybe 2 minutes tops. If it keeps going pull the battery and replace and boot again. If it does not come on again pull again and put back. Then hold home key then press and hole power. When you get the android guy hit the search key. Using the vol keys go to wipe cache and then hit camera button. When done go to wipe data factory reset and click that. Then go to reboot and click that. Hope that gets it going.

geezy85

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Well after repeating the process step-by-step as you said ..Once I reboot The Apex just flashes menacingly at me. I waited several minutes each time I pulled/cache clear/wiped data and rebooted just to make sure. Still stuck at this flashing apex sign. Thank you for the advice -- there is one thing I noticed, not sure if it will be helpful but when I get to the system recory: On the bottom in yellow it states " E: Can't open /cache/recover/command " I don't know if that's normal or not..hopefully you can help me further -- Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress