Launcher 7

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i know everyone in here will hate this because we tend to snarl at anything but android.... but there is a launcher in the market called Launcher 7 which will basically make your phone a windows phone 7. and believe it or not, it is very smooth and operates exactly like a windows phone 7. no matter how you look at it, you still have an android OS, just running like windows 7 mobile... another reason android is is so awesome, because you can do anything with it... but something pretty cool to play with if you get bored with the same old , like i do...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
lol yup :D I read about it to. I havent tried it ..... yet, but read there was an update for it sometime tonight.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it made the blog earlier. i am definitely going to give this a roll; i am all for sexifying my phone, and the wp7 look definitely has some appeal

rgray331975

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I gave it a try and it works great, no problems. It just wasn't for me. Just my preference

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Works great. Looks nice with the boxes turned grey and almost alpha'd out. I also ended up doing away with the custom icons that come with the launcher, just because they don't fit the theme of everything else I have on the screen. All it needs now is support for widgets to go into squares just like shortcuts and I'd be sold for good. As it is I miss being able to turn on and off wifi really easily.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i amactually liking it a lot! ilove the tiles that actually show missed caslls, messages, ect... plus if you get into customizing it, it is pretty cool... i have always been for a simple clean screen, and this is definately that. even when using adw o lpp, i only used 3 homescreens... i agree with the live widgets integration though... hopefully it only gets better

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm really liking it so far. I wish the mail app would show how many messages you have on the tile, for now I still need the notification bar. I have to say though I'm digging the sexy simple style to it. This app is more of a gateway drug to Windows Phone 7 I think....maybe. :D

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
the mail app does show how many messages you have... if it doesnt, try deleting that tile and then making a new one... long press the mail app on the "right" screen. then it will bring up a settings menu for creating new tiles... in the extra options menu, select the box that gives you a live mail update...there are several options new live tiles... calender is another...

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
has been updated with the ability to install widgets on the tiles... very nice... this developer is working hard on this app... and for anyone who likes windows phone 7 OS, this is your fix... i am still using it.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried an app I found called Android 7 and is very similar to what you were getting with the one you tried bbut this one LITERALLY looks like a desktop Windows 7 config. But its buggy with alot off FC's and is hard to learn the file management system as it does have MY Documents, My Computer, etc. It was fun to try and odd seeing it on my cellphone. A little too odd for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87