How to / Demo: Nesoid Multiplayer Nintendo: "2 droid wifi method"

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Here's a demo showing the 2 android method on wifi for Multiplayer Nesoid.
I made this video finally in case anyone was wondering if it is at all possible which it is.

A few more Pics here:

quick overview:
1. 2 droids connected on wifi router at home
2. set device #1 to "WIFI SERVER" and note the i.p. address it gives you
3. set device #2 to "WIFI CLIENT" and enter the i.p. address from the WiFi server
4. Voila

** with port forwarding you can connect over the internet, but I found it too laggy, maybe others will have better success **
** bluetooth works too, but too laggy **
** 3g to wifi works with port forwarding but too laggy **
Overall, with my setup, and my buddy's test setup ( seattle to portland test ) lagy was too much. So 2 friends in 1 house with 2 droids seemed to work best if you don't have a nintendo 8 bit laying around.

My own writeup with pretty much same info at my blog..

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
Re: How to / Demo: Nesoid Multiplayer Nintendo: "2 droid wifi met

Good video.

Does this only work on Nesiod?

thanks,
so I found that this method works "BEST" with NESOID ONLY.

For my setup, Snesoid just didn't perform well again, LAG / Choppiness.
But Snesoid does work the exact same way with the net-play / wifi setup.. It's possible that maybe I have to adjust setings or something...

I'm not done with the video and testing yet, but I'm thinking snes 9x emulator may do the trick as you can assign multiple controllers to separate "channels".. So, my untested theory for snes 9x is that it will have the best setup: 1 device, hosting multiplayer with 2 controllers. I will be testing the wiimote and ps3 controller with the xoom on hdmi out. This would be the true "console simulator" that I think most people actually want.

I really wish nesoid worked over 3g, that would be sweet. Be on a road trip, and play nintendo vs a friend at home from your car :)