I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

agar2627

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Just received my Xoom back from Motorola with the 4G upgrade. And I have to say it's pretty fast. The process was pretty fast also. I sent it in Fri the 26th and received it today. I attached a screen shot that shows the 4G on the signal bar area. Who else got there upgrade?

Last edited:

agar2627

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
It's supposed to start Sep 1st. The process was easy. I received an email saying my device was ready for the upgrade, got the supplies needed to ship it out the next day after receiving the email and that was it.

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Xoom back from Motorola with the 4G upgrade. And I have to say it's pretty fast. The process was pretty fast also. I sent it in Fri the 26th and received it today. I attached a screen shot that shows the 4G on the signal bar area. Who else got there upgrade?
Got mine too. No scepticism needed. Love it!:)

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you that got the email on this receive an earlier email about the upgrade or was that the first time you saw it? Also, did you have to enter any info about the 4G SIM card or was everything automatically done for you?

agar2627

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you that got the email on this receive an earlier email about the upgrade or was that the first time you saw it? Also, did you have to enter any info about the 4G SIM card or was everything automatically done for you?
Got one email saying it was ready for the upgrade and a 2nd saying I was getting the necessary supplies to ship it out. And once you get it back all you have to do is turn it on and you might get a 4G SIM detection prompt to enable LTE/CDMA mode. If not you'll have to go to your settings and do it. But if you did not have a 3G plan before you sent it in for the upgrade you'll have to sign up for a plan.

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Couple of questions, are the folks who got it with the government or a large corp or just an individual. I had read the first batch would be government and large business users.
Second question, where are you guys at? Is it being rolled out geographically or at random?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
My question is this.

Were any of the people that got the conversion done employees for VZW or were you part of the "Soak Test" for the Xoom? I am part of the soak and have received nothing.