Warning Regarding Portfolio Case...

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI guys, the portfolio case WILL SCRATCH YOUR XOOM. It scuffed the rubber coating right off the side on the side near the notification LED. I am so disappointed in this. I have several little scratches in that area where the rubber coating is gone. I just got the unit from Best Buy with the Portfolio I had picked up earlier and after putting it in and removing it, I noticed the scratches. Very upset about this, I am definitely not going to try putting on the case again. I think Best Buy was all sold out when I was there, I had pre-ordered, so I just can't go swap it out right now for another unit, they may give me a hard time if I try to exchange it anyways. Maybe I will wait and use the unit to see if I really want to keep it and hopefully they will get re-stocked in the next few days or so...

Y2J

Reactions: metool6

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there is a thread on this earlier. I barely put mine on before I noticed that it would cause damage. I took it back today.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's too bad, I haven't had any trouble with the case. I don't like the back half of the Xoom that is metal. It has a rough topcoat and seems it would be easy to scratch. They should had made the whole back rubberized, like the small portion on the top or a smoother aluminum like the Ipad.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I have not had a issue with mine. I do think its nothing like the stock photos. Feels kinda cheap. It left a small white mark on one side but wiped off with finger. Ill pick something up nicer later.

Reactions: xxraffyxx

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not had a issue with mine. I do think its nothing like the stock photos. Feels kinda cheap. It left a small white mark on one side but wiped off with finger. Ill pick something up nicer later.

That's how I feel about it, haven't had trouble but, it's not as nice as it looks in the photos. The original Ipad case was not very popular either. It doesn't bother me that bad and, I'll most-likely keep it.

bball840

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually cut off the entire bottom clip (not just the nub) on each side with a pair of scissors and it works great. It isn't perfect, but it will get the job done until something else comes out...

armedtank

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Moto gel case at VZW on a demo and I knew right then it would eventually cause scratches. I picked up a cheap Targa sleeve made for the iPad that fits my Xoom. That will hold me over until a nice portfolio case is released.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I took my heat gun and used it to heat the clips up enough to stretch them out just a little bit. It still holds tight and no worries about scratches.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Moto gel case at VZW on a demo and I knew right then it would eventually cause scratches. I picked up a cheap Targa sleeve made for the iPad that fits my Xoom. That will hold me over until a nice portfolio case is released.

I don't agree. The backing on this device isn't like others. Its not shiny and plastic in which a gel case would scratch. I picked up the gel case and think its much much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099