who bought xoom on contact & where ?

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering who bought the xoom on contact & from where verizon, bestbuy,etc..
reason I ask is I just went to best buy &i was told it was the same price on or off contact which is $799 but @ verizon wireless its $599 just as I've been reading since the xoom was announced & bestbuy wouldn't match that $599 price ..
Any input would be helpful.

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
i would have went to verizon but i don't have $600+ cash & i have a bestbuy credit card but bestbuy is charging $799 on contract for the xoom which is absurd .. who would pay full retail price for something on contract ,ridiculous..

techdan00

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Off contract at Verizon. Multiple reasons, but mainly, I wasn't going to spend 480 over 2 years to save 200 today.

Bingo same reason here. And I just rolled my MIfI plan to the xoom. And if I start going over 5 gigs. I can roll back to the MIfi and go unlimited again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Bestbuy is not selling them on contract at all. They are only offering them on the month to month plan.[/QUOT

i went in there & went through an hour and a half process signing up for a contract for them just to tell me it was $799 ,the manager went online & found out it was priced @ $599 on contract & didn't honor that price ...

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Coscto 589. Purchased it with my AMEX so my warranty is automatically extended for two years. Had to get the 5GB plan to get that price. However I called Verizon to change to the1GB plan. Boom. Xoom.

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Coscto 589. Purchased it with my AMEX so my warranty is automatically extended for two years. Had to get the 5GB plan to get that price. However I called Verizon to change to the1GB plan. Boom. Xoom.

wow, did you go into to costco or buy it online ? i just checked they're website & it is $639 on contract

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
wow, did you go into to costco or buy it online ? i just checked they're website & it is $639 on contract

I went in. The price various based on the size of plan. The larger the plan the lower the cost of the device. So I bought the one for $589 which required at least a $50/per month plan. While I was at Costco, I told them I only want the $20/month plan. They called Verizon and handed the phone to me. I changed it right there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699