reluctantly returned xoom today

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
couldnt justify the price without flash. It is a really great device though, a million times more productive than my ipad. I will be looking out for the lower priced wifi version. returning it was tough, I feel a little empty without it

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Is Flash really that critical to you?

Flash is very critical to me but when I purchased this I knew what I would be without. If I didn't have the Xoom now I wouldn't have a tablet with flash anyway. I will be patient waiting for flash but I can understand that for someone who thinks $800 is a lot of money having issues holding on and being patient.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You knew it didn't have flash when you bought it and that its coming. ?? And now you want to wait for the WiFi version. Just say you don't wont to pay $800 for it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: garbanian

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
so why did you get it when you knew it did not have flash YET and knew the price.
the stores should do away with returning them like this. so many of you going to get a xoom knowing you are gonna return it...

couldnt justify the price without flash. It is a really great device though, a million times more productive than my ipad. I will be looking out for the lower priced wifi version. returning it was tough, I feel a little empty without it

g.711

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Toshiba Tablete "When they ever release it" is what I'm waiting for LINK HERE it will make the Xoomers type :( over and over and over. But till then the Xoom is the way to go. We'll see Friday it the Ipad was worth all the hype. But don't be detered its like missing a flight; there is aways another one if you can wait. Which brings me to that hole of an airport in Atlanta, where I spent the night... but I won't go there.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
to answer a few questions:

1. I actually didnt know it had shipped without flash, apparently I live in a cave :/
2. it's not just flash, but that a big issue for me as it will affect battery life and I need to know how it will perform when it does have it. it's also the lack of apps currently developed.
3. I will be getting another xoom, just don't need the high-priced verizon 3g version, I'll wait for the wifi only (screw vzw)

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Toshiba Tablete "When they ever release it" is what I'm waiting for LINK HERE it will make the Xoomers type :( over and over and over. But till then the Xoom is the way to go. We'll see Friday it the Ipad was worth all the hype. But don't be detered its like missing a flight; there is aways another one if you can wait. Which brings me to that hole of an airport in Atlanta, where I spent the night... but I won't go there.

Nice, I hadn't seen that.

Full size usb. Dock connector. Physical buttons?

No 3/4g? Thats a dealbreaker.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This kind of stuff is mind boggeling to me... When it comes to something that costs $800 wouldn't you research the hell out of it before you go and buy it instead of buying it, saying "O crap it doesn't have this or doesn't do that" and return it.

It seems to be a common theme around here and other forums about how people are returning Xooms because of things that could have been avoided if they had done their research before they bought one.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
No need to wait until Friday to find out about the Ipad #2 --- We now know that it's a slimmed down Pad #1 with CRAPPY Ipod Touch Cameras! Why in the world they could not at least put the same camera I have on my Viphone 4 is beyond me. Even that camera is not as good as the one on my Droid X.

Looks like the only reason to get a Pad #2 is color (WHITE ANYONE?) and if you want Facetime.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This kind of stuff is mind boggeling to me... When it comes to something that costs $800 wouldn't you research the hell out of it before you go and buy it instead of buying it, saying "O crap it doesn't have this or doesn't do that" and return it.

It seems to be a common theme around here and other forums about how people are returning Xooms because of things that could have been avoided if they had done their research before they bought one.

There wasn't enough information out there to do any research on. The very few videos that were out there consisted mostly of videos at CES, with the Xoom only showing a demo vid of what it was supposed to do.

The other videos that I was able to scrounge up, you could see there were glitches but, the reviewers were saying that it was because it was a pre-release unit.

There were no tech articles that I know of , other than ones touting the specs.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There wasn't enough information out there to do any research on. The very few videos that were out there consisted mostly of videos at CES, with the Xoom only showing a demo vid of what it was supposed to do.

The other videos that I was able to scrounge up, you could see there were glitches but, the reviewers were saying that it was because it was a pre-release unit.

There were no tech articles that I know of , other than ones touting the specs.

I will give you that, there was not a lot of information out there for the Xoom but there was enough to make an informed decision on wether on not you think you should buy it. Before I came out I knew that it didn't have flash, was going to be expensive, that apps would not be working with it right away, it was heavier than an iPad, an that the iPad 2 was coming soon.

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I bought at costco and they had me sign a form confirming I was aware the following features were not included yet:
- SD
- Flash

Interesting though, no mention of 4G... The salesperson couldn't explain why/how they forgot 4G. This occured on 2/27 so I do not think this was in response to returns. Im in Seattle,WA.

The information was out there prior to release but you had to research. When I purchased: I knew about flash, SD, no USB storage, 4g upgrade process, no charging via USB...

I can't fault someone for not knowing though. If a person buys an android 3.0 device I think its fair for them to assume SD & flash work since it works on the older OSs. To me its as if they didn't include html or java support, a buyer wouldn't know to ask or check for that.

A Verizon salesperson in-store on launch day told me Flash worked. I told him I read it didn't and he laughed. So at this point I thought I had bad info and navigated to a flash site which obviously didn't work.

Another bit of misinformation I got was from Costco... They confirmed 4g was not ready however it would be an OTA software update. I told them I had seen the instructions from motorola about packaging and shipping the device. This guy gets argumentative and tells me how that makes NO SENSE and wouldn't be economical. So I back off because I figure he must know. I google it on the device and find the instructions straight from Motorola.

Last edited:

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
couldnt justify the price without flash.

I have seen similar comments and I don't understand them. What sites are out there that use flash that so many people need to visit? I am not trying to be a smarta$$. I have had my ipad for almost a year and I can't think of a single web site that I wanted to view but couldn't due to lack of flash, other then hulu.

What am I missing?

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
What I find funny is if flash is your only reason for ditching the Xoom. All you had to do is wait 2 days and guess what it is here so you just returned something you say you liked because you were too impatient to wait a few days....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress