chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
OK so now that we have flash.....I tried to use play on but it says it needs to be paired with a PC. I've never used play on do I need to install it on my computer as well? Does it work for Macs? Thanks

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
OK so now that we have flash.....I tried to use play on but it says it needs to be paired with a PC. I've never used play on do I need to install it on my computer as well? Does it work for Macs? Thanks
Visit PlayOn.tv for all the details, but yes - you need to have PlayOn installed on a PC, there is currently not a Mac version. PlayOn is a media server that serves media from your PC to DLNA compatible devices and mobile devices. I have PlayOn installed on my Win7 PC and on my OG Droid, and I can view Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube and home movies from my Win7 PlayOn server on my Droid and also on my DIRECTV receivers.

I have PlayOn installed on my Xoom, but haven't installed the "anonymous" flash package yet so I can't share how it performs on the Xoom yet, but it works well on my Droid when I'm on my home network. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to access my home PlayOn server when I'm away from my house and try to access it over the internet ... I have something in my router or PC firewall blocking access, and I haven't spent the time to look into it yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis