xoom is laggy

crypto#AC

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having problems with lag? I find the built in browser to be lagging quite a bit lately. I often have music playing in the background while surfing and my music tends to skip out at times and the browser hangs momentarily. I also find some of Widgets to be a little laggy (e.g. the mail and bookmarks). Often they will disappear for a brief second then reappear. Is anyone else having these issues?

Also, sometimes the internet will not work until I reboot (typically after leaving my apartment and switching to 3g from wifi ). I'm not sure why.....

I played around with the ipad 2 the other day and it felt much more responsive dispite the inferior hardware. Why?

Last edited:

bbalz

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you run the system update to 3.0.1?

I honestly never had any issues with the browser... it was pretty smooth before the update and even better after the update.

I did experience issues with music skipping before the update but no longer am I hearing that after 3.0.1.

crypto#AC

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I ran the update as soon as it was available. I didn't notice any change. I also installed the beta flash update that was released last week.

I have quite a few apps installed but I've terminated most of the running services that I don't consider critical.

I guess I'll go compare mine to a demo unit at bestbuy and see if my xoom is indeed wonky.....

thanks.

dmwechs

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar issue... Typing especially very laggy.... I thought i read somewhere that there is a memory leak in the browser that they are working on...

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I listen to Pandora in the background while surfing and 'working and don't experience device-induced lag, only network-related...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There has been a memory leak reported and they got all the code as well. We will see if it shows up or not as a update. As far as lag in the browser try uninstalling the pre beta flash and see if that doesn't clear it up. I was having a similar issue so I took off flash and that did indeedfix it for me.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear others are having problems.

I two would have said it was just a lemon, but I see another person is having the same trouble.

Luckily, no such problem here. I'm multi-tasking quite a lot, including RDP. The unit keeps up great. No lags whatsoever. I'm actually quite impressed with mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress