how many xooms have sold and how many ipad 1 sold

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
OK from what I am seeing the I pad sold 300k I pads in the first week. Out of that the16gb 32gb and 64gb I pad they sold evenly across the board. However the wifi only models that were sold made up 70% of total sales.

The Xoom is expected to hit 300k in its first quarter sales.

So make of this what you want but the cost did not stop people from getting the 32 or 64gb versions. As well on most forums most people who got the 16gb version wished they could replace it with the 32gb version. As one person said "I was nly able to put 1gb of music a single movie on my ipad " so if motorola was listening to the masses of I pad owners it would make sence to release a 32gb version right off the bat. No as for the wifi only version we all know motorola messed up there.

Sources:

ipad sales figures | iPadInsider

AppleUnofficial - Motorola estimated selling 300,000 Xooms this quarter

16 gb vs 32 gb - MacRumors Forums

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does it really matter?

That's like asking how many Nexus1 phones versus iPhones were sold a month after the Nexus1 was released. The number was minuscule and meaningless.

18 months later, Android is the top mobile OS over both Blackberry and iOS... by a wide margin that's getting wider by the day.

Ask the same question a year from now.

I'm an ex-iPhone guy. To be honest I came to Android because of a need. The need to get away from AT&T. There was a push-me / pull-me scenario going on last year that doesn't exist now (or at least to a lesser extent).

In any case, it doesn't exist in the pad market. So I'm wondering if Android pad will do as amazingly well against iOS pads as Android phones did against iOS phones. I'm thinking Android pads will do very well, but perhaps not repeat the total blow out Android phones enjoyed.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
As for why I posted this someone asked in another thread about it. And there was a lot of speculation on how many Ipads sold wifi vers 3g. This was only for information people were asking in other threads.

Nothing more...

inrelief

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I swear, I am so sick of seeing posts/topics/rantings about iAnythings on freaking Xoom boards.

When the N1 came out we didn't have this crap.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I swear, I am so sick of seeing posts/topics/rantings about iAnythings on freaking Xoom boards.

When the N1 came out we didn't have this crap.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Like I already said I was just providing information for people who asked about it in other threads.

If you are not helping then don't bother responding.

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree that the iAnything love fest has to stop. If you are an Apple cult member, go away! Lord Jobs loves your money! You don't have to justify to me why you drink the Kool-Aide. I am not saying Apple puts out a bad product, just that there are too many people out there that are brainwashed in to getting anything with an "i" in it because everyone else is. Get the "i" product and be different just like everyone else. I am happy with my multiple Droids. I will never buy anything Apple again because of the cult mentality, not because of quality. Apple cultists just want to show their superiority with numbers and other useless data that means nothing to users of other devices. We are just the unwashed uneducated masses that have not had the pleasure of drinking the Apple Kool-Aide and they can't understand why anyone would want to buy something else when Steve Jobs walks on water and everything he says and does is gospel. Even when the "grip of death" came out on the iPhone4, his followers (not customers, Apple only has cult memebers) forgave him because he said it was not about the "phone" even though it is a phone. Any other manufacturer would have been raked across the coals for this but the Messiah Jobs spoke and all was well with the world. Frankly, this scares the hell out of me. iPad,ers, iPhone,rs or iAnythingers and Apple Cult members, stay away. I don't care how many more were sold, I don't care how many more apps there are (how many fart pianos do you need to buy anyway???) I am happy with my Droids because I don't have to sell my soul to use them. If it bothers you that others buy something than what your messiah tells you to do, get over it. I will NEVER buy from the cult! Here is a funny video that shows exactly what I am talking about.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FL7yD-0pqZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You put "i" on a brick and the cultists will flock to it because Jobs wants you to. Get over yourselves. Apple is NOT the savior of the world, Steve Jobs is NOT the second coming of Christ. "i" forums are located elsewhere, go there and sing kumbya with the rest of the Jobs family.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree that the iAnything love fest has to stop. If you are an Apple cult member, go away! Lord Jobs loves your money! You don't have to justify to me why you drink the Kool-Aide. I am not saying Apple puts out a bad product, just that there are too many people out there that are brainwashed in to getting anything with an "i" in it because everyone else is. Get the "i" product and be different just like everyone else. I am happy with my multiple Droids. I will never buy anything Apple again because of the cult mentality, not because of quality. Apple cultists just want to show their superiority with numbers and other useless data that means nothing to users of other devices. We are just the unwashed uneducated masses that have not had the pleasure of drinking the Apple Kool-Aide and they can't understand why anyone would want to buy something else when Steve Jobs walks on water and everything he says and does is gospel. Even when the "grip of death" came out on the iPhone4, his followers (not customers, Apple only has cult memebers) forgave him because he said it was not about the "phone" even though it is a phone. Any other manufacturer would have been raked across the coals for this but the Messiah Jobs spoke and all was well with the world. Frankly, this scares the hell out of me. iPad,ers, iPhone,rs or iAnythingers and Apple Cult members, stay away. I don't care how many more were sold, I don't care how many more apps there are (how many fart pianos do you need to buy anyway???) I am happy with my Droids because I don't have to sell my soul to use them. If it bothers you that others buy something than what your messiah tells you to do, get over it. I will NEVER buy from the cult! Here is a funny video that shows exactly what I am talking about.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FL7yD-0pqZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You put "i" on a brick and the cultists will flock to it because Jobs wants you to. Get over yourselves. Apple is NOT the savior of the world, Steve Jobs is NOT the second coming of Christ. "i" forums are located elsewhere, go there and sing kumbya with the rest of the Jobs family.
You need to learn how to open up and tell us how you really feel. :cool:

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Im a big fan of android and dont buy any apple products anymore.I dont hate apple though, i think they make some of the nicest looking products out there, macbook pros and airs and ipads look really nice (but that samsung s9 is the nicest looking laptop ever!) and say watever, they have excellent build quality and their products are easy to use for novices. I personally dont buy apple because i hate itunes (had an ipad and itouch and thats the main reason i sold em) , and i dont buy their laptops because they are pricey for the specs you get and im not a fan of osx.

All that being said, i think you are going a little overboard attacking anyone who defends apple products or likes apple a lot. They may be wrong, but angry attacks only make android fans on the same level as ifanboys. If u want to make a point say it nicely and stick to arguments with reason instead of ranting about kool aid and steve jobs.

Android is an open source OS, and i think the android forums should be open to everyone too, and that includes the "iPad,ers, iPhone,rs or iAnythingers and Apple Cult members"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty