Youtube.com mobile only?

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I did the little fix within the native browser to remove mobile mode but youtube insists I view their site through mobile mode. Looked for a song I knew was there and couldnt find it. Did a google search and found the link. Clicked on it and it told me I couldnt view in mobile mode. PLEASE tell me their is a way to get around this!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I did at first, and apparently it is not the full version.

When I run the search for "bucovina club carolina" on the app it came up with something else and no other choices. When I do it on youtube.com through the browser, it came up with the same video and not the one I wanted.

Do a search for it on the browser on google and through the youtube little search bar that appears, I got the right one. Go to it and it says that it is not available on mobile.

Here is the link to the video just in case...
YouTube - Carolina - Bucovina Club v.s. Taraf de Haïdouks.wmv

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Click on the link through your Xoom and it will take you to the app and will say Its not available on mobile.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm weird I'm able to watch other videos on this that I can't on my phone because of mobile only issue. Like the music video version of johnny cash's gods gonna cut you down, most of the new gorillaz stuff, and 90% of all the current Foo fighter video's.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I ran into this problem yesterday. I wanted to view old AVGN videos and the app doesn't have them. I went to his website, clicked the link and both the app and youtube site won't let me view the video because it's "not available on mobile".

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just got the video to play on my DX but don't have a way to test on Xoom. Type "about:debug" in the address bar. Then go to settings> ua string and select desktop. Make sure you do this before going to youtube or it won't work.

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I have already done this when I first got my Xoom. I this something I am going to have to repeat everytime?

myarbro

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you do. I went through the steps again and although the setting was on "Desktop" I clicked on it again and it worked after that. I didn't think this was something I would need to repeat. Quite disapointing...

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Apparently you do. I went through the steps again and although the setting was on "Desktop" I clicked on it again and it worked after that. I didn't think this was something I would need to repeat. Quite disapointing...

About:debug will reset when the browser is closed out. Kind of sucks but it's better than nothing. It's saved in your browser history so it should come up when you start typing.

Reactions: vhol5

mikemsd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If your looking for music videos in particular, Vevo, who provides most of the content of music videos to Youtube now has an app. It's not tablet optimized, but it works just fine. The only problems so far is that it won't let you browse in landscape mode, have to keep rotating between portrait and landscape when watching a video.