Whos the marketing genius who decided to give Gold Xooms to celebs?

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
seriously? i want to buy a xoom. I can overlook the price, i can overlook the not so great screen, i can overlook the various bugs, and i can overlook the lack of SD for the time being.

But giving special edition Xooms out to celebs i cant handle. Call me crazy and i know i am, but i cant stand the fact that if i buy a xoom, i know there is one out there i want more, and cant have it.

So there you have it Motorola, instead of enticing people to get a xoom, you pushed them away with this stupid stunt. I will be holding off on a xoom for now. You best be working on the Xoom 2, and not pull dumb stuff like this in the future. i know this is like over a month ago, but it still grinds my gear. Just as i really really am about to buy a Xoom, i remember that i want the gold plated one more.

Reactions: ChevyStorm88

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well it was only a PR stunt to make sure people get interested in Xoom before it launched. It may have succeeded.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
lol. Isnt there a top company out there that paints electronics? I remember when I had a BlackBerry there was a company that did professional paint jobs on devices. I remember seeing Gold PS3s and stuff like that. Cant remember the company but I know they were considerd a top company. You can always send that joker in and have it Painted Gold. Or Silver. Or whatever you like :)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes Colorware! There you go. Thanks bud. There a really good company. Or...............

Computer Choppers

Check that site out. Look at the Ipad, Iphone and Computers they Gold panted. Looks pretty good to me.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Its not shiny Gold, its like a dullish gold.

Also if you get it painted, itll paint over the logos and stuff. i want official.

motorola-xoom-gold-02-22-2011.jpg

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, it amazes me the things people will ***** about. I think it was actually good marketing move as it got the device in the hands of people who were able to tweet and talk about it ahead of time. With the number of people who follow celebrities on twitter and facebook it was an cheap way of getting word of mouth out early and too a lot of people.